Sambos Of The Bricks

f1sh3rm4n

headed out to a not so secret spot on the coast for an arvo spin with a few mates, got there and it was rough as guts, the incoming tide and the 15knot easterly winds made it quite hairy and it was packed with 3 other fishos, i say packed cos its a tiny ledge, and anyway not even 10 minutes into the session and im on to a nice salmon, within the next 5 minutes im onto my second. about half an hour later im onto my third and its an absolute beast of a salmon, quick tussle and its onto land.

all arvo we had out lures chased buy big fish, my mate droped 2 big ones just at the front of the ledge, and the guy next to use landed a nice rat kingy

not too sure about the size didnt measure them but id say the big one was around the 70cm mark and 3 to 4 kgs

post-9477-1260772876_thumb.jpg

Nice salmons, they don't taste that great but sure put up a stink when hooked. they sure look like they have some size on them, well done!!!

yeh they put up a great stink, quite a few acrobatics aswell which is always awesome to see. yeh ive herd they are not that great on the palate, never actually eaten them before, bringing them to a bbq next weekend and the host is quite the accomplished chef so it will be interesting to see what she whips up

I caught a big one on Saturday. I filleted and skinned it and made Thai Fish Cakes with it, they were great. The fish is very bland and a bit tough so you need to put lots of flavour into it.

I highly recommend cutting off all of the red bits from the fillet otherwise it will taste awefull.

Cheers

Sambo fillets are quite nice if prepared properly. Need to bleed fish immediately once captured and put onto ice. Take them home and fillet them and remove bloodlines (brown red bits)

Marinade for a few hours in fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce and bbq

cheers fellas, yeh its the best feeling when the tell tale signs of a hit occurs (the tight pull on the line), definately my favourite type of fishing.

bandit my outfit consits of a tiralejo 11ft castign rod matched with a trinidad 20 run with 30 lb braid, caught the salmon on 85gm raiders. its a solid outfit i use it to spin tuna of the bricks on the mid north coast. handles them with ease

cheers fellas, yeh its the best feeling when the tell tale signs of a hit occurs (the tight pull on the line), definately my favourite type of fishing.

bandit my outfit consits of a tiralejo 11ft castign rod matched with a trinidad 20 run with 30 lb braid, caught the salmon on 85gm raiders. its a solid outfit i use it to spin tuna of the bricks on the mid north coast. handles them with ease

Jiminy jillickers F1sherm4n...nice setup u got there..certainly top of the line tiralejos r a gorgeous rod theres no doubt about that..u could certainly land a serious fish with that combo..whether u have remains to be seen :beersmile: jokesss

cheers b4nd1t

Jiminy jillickers F1sherm4n...nice setup u got there..certainly top of the line tiralejos r a gorgeous rod theres no doubt about that..u could certainly land a serious fish with that combo..whether u have remains to be seen :beersmile: jokesss

cheers b4nd1t

Jiminy jillickers hahaha what can I say fishing it's not a hoby, it's a way of life. It's my religion. All my tackle is funded by donations to my church.

:beersmile: