Ray, Browney1 And Dan At Patonga

Ray R

G'day Raiders, took Browney1 (Mike) and his mate Dan for a flattie flick at Patonga today.

Browney and his mates have been up at Avoca for a week or so and it was great to catch

up with yet another Raider. The boys had been joining us in some rock fishing for horsies

and while this was fun I thought they might like a flick with plastics for some flatties.

Browney1 and his buddy Dan jumped at the offer so I threw in o few rods, extra plastics

and jigheads, picked the boys up from Avoca at 5:30 and off we went to Patonga.

Neither of the boys had caught a flattie on plastics so I was under a bit of pressure to

produce for them.

We trudged around the rocks at Darks Corner until we arrived at one of my fav spots,

got the fellas rigged with some plastic, gave some advice on where to cast, then let 'em

loose. I moved a bit further up to my rock and within a few casts had my first flattie.

A good start which was followed shortly after by Dan's first ever flattie on plastic, don't know,

who was more excited, with the help of Browney they managed to walk the flattie up the

sandy bit between the rocks and he was hootin' .

So my mission was part complete , young Dan had his first flattie , now need to get Browney

one, he tried and tried, Dan scored another , I got a couple of small ones and 2 self releasing

larger models around the 60-65cm mark but still no joy for Browney.

So I said lets move down to another patch that I've caught them before, rigged up some fresh

plastic , got a few taps and then it happened, Browney hooks up on to a solid fish, as I know

the gear he was using, my fav little stradic-rack raider combo, I knew he was onto a beastie,

put my gear down grabbed the camera and watched Browney work his magic, he did a great job

knowing that the gear was good and and all the knots would hold, we watched her come in, do

a u-turn and shoot off again, this happen 3 or 4 times, we could also see that she hooked in top

jaw well away from the shredding teeth, anyway a kind chap and his family finally was able to

get one good net shot on her and Browney had his prize.

There was high fives, hand shakes and some hootin' she was a beauty, made sure plenty of pics

were taken and then Browney released her and we all waved her goodbye and thanked her for a

memorable few minutes, we had a guess at approx 85cm for her..

So after this epic morning we decided to head back , filleted our flatties we kept and the boys will

be dining on flathead tonight.

A top morning and I was so pleased that we scored a few fish, the boys had a ball and they loved the

spot I took them to, love when a plan all comes together, great company, they are both nice young

men, and I'm sure they got a real buzz too as I did.

Anyway that's it, hope you enjoy the post and the pics..

post-3371-1262758020_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758042_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758064_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758079_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758097_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758123_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758141_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758166_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758201_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758229_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758252_thumb.jpg

G'day Raiders, took Browney1 (Mike) and his mate Dan for a flattie flick at Patonga today.

Browney and his mates have been up at Avoca for a week or so and it was great to catch

up with yet another Raider. The boys had been joining us in some rock fishing for horsies

and while this was fun I thought they might like a flick with plastics for some flatties.

Browney1 and his buddy Dan jumped at the offer so I threw in o few rods, extra plastics

and jigheads, picked the boys up from Avoca at 5:30 and off we went to Patonga.

Neither of the boys had caught a flattie on plastics so I was under a bit of pressure to

produce for them.

We trudged around the rocks at Darks Corner until we arrived at one of my fav spots,

got the fellas rigged with some plastic, gave some advice on where to cast, then let 'em

loose. I moved a bit further up to my rock and within a few casts had my first flattie.

A good start which was followed shortly after by Dan's first ever flattie on plastic, don't know,

who was more excited, with the help of Browney they managed to walk the flattie up the

sandy bit between the rocks and he was hootin' .

So my mission was part complete , young Dan had his first flattie , now need to get Browney

one, he tried and tried, Dan scored another , I got a couple of small ones and 2 self releasing

larger models around the 60-65cm mark but still no joy for Browney.

So I said lets move down to another patch that I've caught them before, rigged up some fresh

plastic , got a few taps and then it happened, Browney hooks up on to a solid fish, as I know

the gear he was using, my fav little stradic-rack raider combo, I knew he was onto a beastie,

put my gear down grabbed the camera and watched Browney work his magic, he did a great job

knowing that the gear was good and and all the knots would hold, we watched her come in, do

a u-turn and shoot off again, this happen 3 or 4 times, we could also see that she hooked in top

jaw well away from the shredding teeth, anyway a kind chap and his family finally was able to

get one good net shot on her and Browney had his prize.

There was high fives, hand shakes and some hootin' she was a beauty, made sure plenty of pics

were taken and then Browney released her and we all waved her goodbye and thanked her for a

memorable few minutes, we had a guess at approx 85cm for her..

So after this epic morning we decided to head back , filleted our flatties we kept and the boys will

be dining on flathead tonight.

A top morning and I was so pleased that we scored a few fish, the boys had a ball and they loved the

spot I took them to, love when a plan all comes together, great company, they are both nice young

men, and I'm sure they got a real buzz too as I did.

Anyway that's it, hope you enjoy the post and the pics..

post-3371-1262758020_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758042_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758064_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758079_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758097_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758123_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758141_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758166_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758201_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758229_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1262758252_thumb.jpg

well done ray r and the boys thats a big lizard cheers rommel

Ray your a champ!!!! good on you!!! you're a great Teacher!!! Beautiful Flatties and Nice Release also..

And well done to all of you on landing some nice fish so far Ive only landed 2 on Gulp Pumpkin seed plastics at narrabeen but right on 36 and looking very thin so I released them all but nothing like that might have to try patonga out as by reading your posts from time to time it looks like you do preety good up there!

I might have to also try using bigger plastics not that It makes a real big difference I think but would get to the bottom quicker before the pickers get to them

Regards,

Nathan

nice job on the flatties....brought a tear to my eye....mainly cuz i was drifting past those rocks half of tuesday and only got 3 little bream.....def worth another shot round patonga also saw something interesting at the entrance of patonga creek..saw some ripples in the water then few seconds later a flathead is busting out of the water and behind it a big jewie...couldnt believe my eyes so quickly sirected a few lines that way but all was gone....

Great report, and I know exactly how the lads must have felt.

Wasn't all that long ago that I had my first soft plastic trip with Ray to patonga and scored a few also.

That's the spirit Ray, if only there were more like u.

Well done Ray - congrats on getting the boys onto the flatties in the best FR spirit - that CROC is amazing! Terrific that such light gear can bring in a fish of that size! Dan would have been so chuffed with his first flatties & for Browney to hook that big girl, AWESOME!!

Roberta

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...