Roberta Featured In This Months Fishing World Mag

wannabefisho

Well I received my FW mag today, and when I opened the first few pages after the editorials- I saw Roberta in her 'yak with another beaut Breambo. :thumbup:

CONGRATS Roberta for a fine article in one of the best Magazines you can get.

PS- Some of the bream featured are OUTSTANDING :1yikes: and for Roberta to consistently nail big fish is a credit to her abilities.

WELL DONE ROBERTA!

:1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Cheers

Anthony

:)

OMG!! :1yikes: I haven't even seen it myself!!! :yahoo: Hope it'll be in the post today!!

hehe it was all as a result of a post I put up here earlier in the year, about Feb from memory!! ....... and I was lucky enough to nail a couple of good fish & then the GUN local photographer Shane Chaulker had asked me to contact him if i caught a couple of 'nice ones' ...... which happened the next day!! So he donned his wetsuit & got his special camera & took 'in the water' shots! WOOHOO!!

Can't wait to see it!! :yahoo:

Roberta

Yer, it almost made me go and buy a 'yak thats how good the article was, and the piccies were amazing... :biggrin2:

Im sure you will be very happy with the article, I saw the front cover and read the headline "Top Water Bream techniques" and I opened straight to there, had a quick glance @ the piccies and then noticed it was in fact you Roberta- so I read on eagerly knowing your abilities just from reading your posts here on FR, but I never knew how BIG the Bream are up your way and the tips on tides and tackle were 2nd to none-

Again top stuff, something I'll go back to in the future coz it was a top read.

I was going to run a scan from my printer and upload it with this thread, but I dont want to ruin it for you or anyone else...

Lets just say Go and buy it if you dont have it coz its well worth the coin, even just for your article Roberta I'd buy it for sure (even if I didnt have a subscription).

Cheers

Anthony

hehe Thanks paul & Anthony! I got my copy in the post this afternoon! I hadn't seen the pics before, either!!! He must have taken about 100, I reckon!!

Also, the bloke on the front is a local gun fisho as well, with that 2kg bream he caught a few weeks before mine!! Wouldn't you love to catch THAT one!! I reckon I've hooked some that still have some bling on their face, in the leases! Grant Manusu has given me some tips in the past too, tho he usually fishes in a skeeter type boat ...... he is very much up to scratch with yaks as one of the local dealer 'Hobie Boys', but doesn't fish from one ..... yet!

Plenty of bream like that in the lake just now, too - I just haven't found them recently! :( They are catching 1.5kg+ ones off the breakwall just now & others reckon the leases should be full of 'em! Hope to get out on Sat for a go - or maybe even tomorrow ...... tho I really should aim at Blackies for the dinner table, eh?

CHeerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

hehe Thanks paul & Anthony! I got my copy in the post this afternoon! I hadn't seen the pics before, either!!! He must have taken about 100, I reckon!!

Also, the bloke on the front is a local gun fisho as well, with that 2kg bream he caught a few weeks before mine!! Wouldn't you love to catch THAT one!! I reckon I've hooked some that still have some bling on their face, in the leases! Grant Manusu has given me some tips in the past too, tho he usually fishes in a skeeter type boat ...... he is very much up to scratch with yaks as one of the local dealer 'Hobie Boys', but doesn't fish from one ..... yet!

Plenty of bream like that in the lake just now, too - I just haven't found them recently! sad.gif They are catching 1.5kg+ ones off the breakwall just now & others reckon the leases should be full of 'em! Hope to get out on Sat for a go - or maybe even tomorrow ...... tho I really should aim at Blackies for the dinner table, eh?

CHeerio

Roberta

You are a legend Bert thumbup.gif keep them coming !!

OMG!! :1yikes: I haven't even seen it myself!!! :yahoo: Hope it'll be in the post today!!

hehe it was all as a result of a post I put up here earlier in the year, about Feb from memory!! ....... and I was lucky enough to nail a couple of good fish & then the GUN local photographer Shane Chaulker had asked me to contact him if i caught a couple of 'nice ones' ...... which happened the next day!! So he donned his wetsuit & got his special camera & took 'in the water' shots! WOOHOO!!

Can't wait to see it!! :yahoo:

Roberta

Well Roberta,

I can finally tell somebody. Now that Shane's Photos

are out,U just don't know how hard it was to keep quite.

Well done and some great fish.

Hope Keith's on the improve

Cheers Rick.

Mag arrived in mail today....haven't read the article but am flying to Melb in the morning and it will provide me with a great way to past the time...congrats on the photo's and the article....you are a breaming ledgend!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Congratulations on an excellent article, mate. It's long been acknowledged that surface lures are a rewarding technique for targetting bream and other species, but all too often it was spoken of as a wading or boating experience. Few people really took the time to discuss the viability of this technique from a yak ... until now :thumbup: The photos are fantastic. I expect an autograph when you're down here again! :biggrin2: Chat to you soon ...

Ian

Well done Roberta , I will have to buy myself a copy and check this article out congrats :thumbup: and I have not seen Shane for ages , he was the photographer for my sisters wedding and we went to the same school , yes I can still remember the days when I would tease him then run like Carl Lewis and hide behind my dad at fishing club meetings and weekend weigh ins. Hehehehehe...god I was a brat.

Next time we go out in your Skeeter, I'll brief him to be 'ready for some top pics', eh??

hehe I think we were all brats at some stage or another - but Shane has definitely carved a niche market with his particular style of watery photography! He came 3rd in a recent international Photography contest, with a pic of the 'backwash' on the Main Beach & was quite spectacular! Check out some of his watery pics on www.shanechaulkerphotography.com.au He does magnificent weddings, doesn't he?

CHeerio

Roberta