Out From Roseville Sunday

saltrix

Fellow fishraider Pete joined me for a troll around North Head and then a bottom bash at DY wide. The troll was a flop as I wasnt too keen on getting too close in with the swell a bit big.

The westerly was a bit brisk at first at DY wide and even with the sea anchor the drift was a bit fast but we picked up an odd fish.

By about 8.30 the breeze had dropped and the bite was a bit better, with an occasional whopper flathead coming in, and few just legal snapper (31 to 33cm) on the bite.

Finished up with 10 flathead, up to 60 cm, 3 just legal snapper, 1 good sized mowie, and a jacket and a wrasse.

Gave it away about 11.30.

PS The fish were kept in on ice in the esky, only came out for a quick photo.

Thanks for the company Pete.

post-3961-128125853028_thumb.jpg

post-3961-128125867992_thumb.jpg

post-3961-128125869278_thumb.jpg

post-3961-128125870697_thumb.jpg

post-3961-128125872659_thumb.jpg

Edited by saltrix

Fellow fishraider Pete joined me for a troll around North Head and then a bottom bash at DY wide. The troll was a flop as I wasnt too keen on getting too close in with the swell a bit big.

The westerly was a bit brisk at first at DY wide and even with the sea anchor the drift was a bit fast but we picked up an odd fish.

By about 8.30 the breeze had dropped and the bite was a bit better, with an occasional whopper flathead coming in, and few just legal snapper (31 to 33cm) on the bite.

Finished up with 10 flathead, up to 60 cm, 3 just legal snapper, 1 good sized mowie, and a jacket and a wrasse.

Top effort Saltrix.

It would have been abit bouny out there but you guys managed a nice feed - well done mate.

Twin 1 :thumbup:

That's a great feed there Saltrix! You and Pete did well.

Good sizes flatties and a nice mowie. :thumbup:

Were the jackets a problem at all?

Cheers

Peter

There were obviously jackets around as we caught 1 and lost a few baits but we didnt lose any gear so they werent in plague proportions. Sometimes I have been bitten offquite often and lost all the rig.

Regards Alan

Some cracker flatties there. Were they all sand flathead?

About half were Marbled Flathead including the biggest, and the rest were Eastern Bluespot Flathead. we were fishing the deep water gravel beds and dont catch Duskies or Tiger Flathead there.

Regards Alan

Thanks for a great day out Alan.Just to put the story straight though, I have never out fished Alan in the many times we have been fishing, but yesterday I had the wood on him. I had the most and the biggest. I even had a double hook up with 2 flatties going 45/50. But would he just lie down......Noooooooo. He came back with that stonker Im holding and another 50+,and just to round things off he drags the mowie out. Aww well there always next time ..lol.

Wow, great work Pete and Allan!! Wish i had been invited ;0