Blooded 2 X Blacky Virgins...woooooohooooooo

roosterman

hi guys,

well my fathers day weekend started out a ripper when my 4yr old wanted to come with daddy to get sand for burly....

"Dad why is yr rod in car,you said i could come next time fishing" well after that how could i not oblige the little guy....

got burly mixed and with sun on its downward run had half hr to kill..

well get burly in and soon after we had a nice fish on and harry struggling with 12ft rod and alvey,alvey freespool,fish around pylons etc and all that could go wrong did then just as i got net near him a fish of 40+ cm swims back to the depths minus hook in mouth....:ranting2:

oh well quickly deploy more burly and back into it...

soon after we have another down,i set hook and pass rod on,after some tense moments i net my 4yr olds first blacky of 37cm..:yahoo:

packed up soon after and headed home to find my eldest ropable i didnt take him,mmmm first time for this reaction........

plans were made for sunrise session with my eldest blacky virgin of 7yrs old and to blood him on a blacky using his catana/sienna combo...

tried a few spots but that wind was horrid so decided an arvo go instead...

headed up to a local wharf in arvo to snuggle outa wind as it was still strong and had harry again with liam...

was not long into it when first down happens so i pass rod to liam and he is on to his first blacky.he played it good for a 7yr old and i eventually net it.:yahoo:

next fish is harry's turn and with a little help #2 in the net..:yahoo:

after about 2hrs i decide 4 fish is enough and little harry's patients is spent so i wander over to gather gear etc while liam fishes on...

"im on dad" is the cry of excitement as liam does it all himself/ i get net race over and net fish #5 for team roosterboys...:yahoo:...

packed it in and i would have to say the most enjoyable blacky session ive had and i didnt even catch one....

smallest was 29cm and biggest just under 40..pitty my other spots were blown out as we woulda brained them i recon,all fish fat and full of food and spawning still......

a few pics and iphone vids of the best dads day ever....:biggrin2:....

cheers....steve.......

post-2219-065630500 1283691737_thumb.jpg

post-2219-076868600 1283691906_thumb.jpg

Edited by roosterman

Awesome Steve, thats great footage and another proud as punch Dad :thumbup:

Thats a big thumbs up from me mate, I wish I had have gotten out I decided top pull the pin on my planned outing yesterday, only to have the wind stop completely around 4pm :1badmood::ranting2::05:

I'll head up Broken Bay this arvo try for a Sambo or whatever wil take some nice fresh mulet slabs, lol

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

Just love it, Steve!! That is brilliant footage, too!!

I love the big fella netting for the little fella .... then the little fella netting for the littler fella!!

I think you hvae got them hooked!! :biggrin2:

Great day for the 3 of you!

Roberta

thx for the replies guys...

i watched that footage on my phone a couple times today and it really gave me a big buzz again...

a great day bonding with the boys watching there excitement doing something i love and hope that they love too....

the blackies are everywhere so exact spots not needed"landbasenewbie" go anywhere down harbour with structure,kelp,wharfs.pylons etc and you should be a good chance of getting into them...

Roberta,i hope they are hooked as its a great hobbie / sport that you can never master as there is always a challenge... and blackie fishing is sooooo cheap anyone can afford it....

i am hoping liam doesnt change his mind about coming out again this sunday,not best tide but hitting a spot that should see us pole them in,only prob is he needs to try casting a float 5 -10 metres or so but im sure he will manage...

rick,stewy mighta been peeved at being net boy instead of catching eh...... "oh you want to net the fish,i thought you meant the float" lol.....

cheers....steve......

Hi Steve,

that was a great post, with almost everything this site is about; Family and fishing. : :thumbup: Lets hope the boys go on to be the no 1 and 2 fishing buddies for the old man. Happy fathers day!!

cheers

Sails