Do You Clean Your Own Fish And Where?

Basil D

Just curios to find out if you clean your own fish or! you get the missus :wife: to do them for you.

Also if you clean them at Home do you clean them in the bath tub? Kitchen sink? laundry sink? back yard concrete slab??

I do recall one raider cleaning his fish in the bath tub :074:

Myself, I catch, I clean, I cook, my :wife: one happy Lady :074:

Ps, did you know if you clean, gill or remove the fish head all in salt water the fish stay fresh and taste the almost the same as the day you caught them provided you iced them immediately after catching and cleaning.

Is this suppose to be a trick question.

or am I getting too old to see the funny side.

If I bought a fish home to gut and gill the cheese and kisses

would hit me right in the mouth with it.

And I wouldn't blame her.

:074::074: I love it, I do know someone who brings his fish home and the missus cleans them.

yep.. definately on the boat...

Living in a unit, it's a little hard to find a tap...tried to do it once in the laundry sink... the laundry still stinks if I leave the door closed..I guess there's still fish scales stuck in the "S" bend....oops!

Luckily I'll be moving in a few days...better get some draino.

When I go fishing I am told to bring my fish home whole so the wife can clean them.

Beside prawn heads she likes the guts of the fish to eat.(she is japanese) She tells me it tastes like

SCALLOPS.

The trouble with it she likes to wash it down with $30+ bottles of White WINE.

Nothing is wasted. After I finish cleaning the boat I have a feed of fresh fish while she enjoys the spoils.

NOT JOKING.

BLUEBOTTLE.

a long time ago my misses winged and winged about me fishing all the time and cleaning fish on the sink something had to give

been single for the last 11 years :yahoo: but it has it's draw backs i just can'nt think off any right now :biggrin2:

cheers gary

HAHA Gary, hey thanks for spot welding my petrol tank, its going great.

a long time ago my misses winged and winged about me fishing all the time and cleaning fish on the sink something had to give

been single for the last 11 years :yahoo: but it has it's draw backs i just can'nt think off any right now :biggrin2:

cheers gary

Good one,I like it.

When I go fishing I am told to bring my fish home whole so the wife can clean them.

Beside prawn heads she likes the guts of the fish to eat.(she is japanese) She tells me it tastes like

SCALLOPS.

The trouble with it she likes to wash it down with $30+ bottles of White WINE.

Nothing is wasted. After I finish cleaning the boat I have a feed of fresh fish while she enjoys the spoils.

NOT JOKING.

BLUEBOTTLE.

Im Not Joking, Ive read your story 8 times :074:

the issue is if ur cleaning fish on the boats and chucking rather large bits of fish overboard i heard its illegal as it counts as littering.

Haha, consider it berley for fishing or have they decided that's littering as well now?

Creek near home is where I do my cleaning unless there's a cleaning table at boat ramp, the crabs love it.

Cheers,

Leo

the issue is if ur cleaning fish on the boats and chucking rather large bits of fish overboard i heard its illegal as it counts as littering.

Yeah come on, whats the difference here with burley ?? or chumming ?? i guess i agree with the leaving the whole frame of 10 large fish off the end of the local jetty as being bad enough th warrant littering, but you just dont see it enough.. any chunks that go in, would eventually be picked apart by peckers, crabs, rays, occys will all get into it, and they should not last long at all..

But yeah that being said, anyone seen any legislation on this ? as i would rather know if it is illegal or not, and what the guidelines are as i dont like to get a big fine for nothing haha.

P.S-

I catch my fish, if on my old mans cruiser, we would bleed them and chuck them in slurry until we got back to the doc, as trying to clean down the wooden decks with scales everywhere would be killer.. however, we have pulled up a mooring when we get back into the bay and you can clean them in the water over the side if you want.

Thats what i do on my smaller boat, i usually pull up a mooring in pitty, gut and scale, (which usually attracts hords of yellowtail.. and i stick a bait out for kings if they are about.. We have caught a few kings while doing the cleaning...

If i dont get a chance to (i.e its way too dark etc) i use a big bucket (like the rectangular ones at the markets, or mty big esky.. fill with some water.. do the scaling with the fish submerged (to stop strays flying around) and then gut.. i will then have a separate bucket for scraps, which i use as berley on the next outing...

Hope it helps.. i would say to you guys wanting to scale at home, but a big bucket, and do it submerged...

No misses to keep happy as i live in my own flat, but when i lived with the parents, this kept mum happy..

Just curios to find out if you clean your own fish or! you get the missus :wife: to do them for you.

Also if you clean them at Home do you clean them in the bath tub? Kitchen sink? laundry sink? back yard concrete slab??

I do recall one raider cleaning his fish in the bath tub :074:

Myself, I catch, I clean, I cook, my :wife: one happy Lady :074:

Ps, did you know if you clean, gill or remove the fish head all in salt water the fish stay fresh and taste the almost the same as the day you caught them provided you iced them immediately after catching and cleaning.

mate before marriage it was a NO NO to cleaning fish.Now i,m married my wife cleans and cooks the catch with a smile.Well trained ah.

You got to be kidding, i hope your info is not true, plastics, paper, cans, bottles etc is littering but bits of fish you would think it would provide food for other species, as long they are not dumped in shollow waters in public areas. Soon someone would come up with the idea that you have to bottle your urine when fishing on a boat and take it home with you. Do these people that come up with the laws have any idea or is it, what are we going to pick on now. The authorities should jump in a boat and watch what the shipping linners dump when they come in our hobours, now that is some serious littering.

George does you missus clean the fush for ya :074::tease:

....been single for the last 11 years but it has it's draw backs i just can'nt think off any right now ... :074: :074: A bit like the bloke who said "I got a boat for the wife - good trade, don't you think?" :074: :074:

I keep my fish in a fish bag in the water beside the yak - keeps them nice & cool .... then take them home & clean/gut them at the outside sink that Keith knocked up for me. I just attach the hose to the tap & have the waste water diverted by a big plastic tube into the garden!

Win/win - the garden gets a feed of fish blood etc and we get a feed of fish.

Keith wouldn't know which end to start with! He enjoys eating them tho!

CHeerio

Roberta

An old blackie buddy used to take 20l buckets full of salt water home, to clean his blackfish in! He NEVER cleans his blackies in fresh water!

....been single for the last 11 years but it has it's draw backs i just can'nt think off any right now ... :074: :074: A bit like the bloke who said "I got a boat for the wife - good trade, don't you think?" :074: :074:

I keep my fish in a fish bag in the water beside the yak - keeps them nice & cool .... then take them home & clean/gut them at the outside sink that Keith knocked up for me. I just attach the hose to the tap & have the waste water diverted by a big plastic tube into the garden!

Win/win - the garden gets a feed of fish blood etc and we get a feed of fish.

Keith wouldn't know which end to start with! He enjoys eating them tho!

CHeerio

Roberta

An old blackie buddy used to take 20l buckets full of salt water home, to clean his blackfish in! He NEVER cleans his blackies in fresh water!

excellant idea roberta,when only the best will do for your garden :thumbup:

pongrass18ft