Best Weather Forecast Site ?

Slink

Hi All Raiders ,

Which forecast site or sites do you use , and find the most reliable ? I personally use Seabreeze mainly , but sometimes also use BOM to double check . I also find that they are not always accurate especially lately. I know that it nearly impossible to predict the weather but for those of you who go to Browns Mountain , what do you use to check the weather will be nice to you out there ? I am getting a Seafarer Viking secondhand this week and will be hoping to follow a mate out there this summer.

Thanks Heaps.

Sorry Donna but I would never trust seabreeze again.

three months ago two boats went wide on a calm sea breeze night.

Eight o/clock that night we were lucky to get back in.

5 to 10 knt.turned into 35 knt.

Sorry Donna but I would never trust seabreeze again.

three months ago two boats went wide on a calm sea breeze night.

Eight o/clock that night we were lucky to get back in.

5 to 10 knt.turned into 35 knt.

Sorry Rick but they all use data repackaged from BOM (see below from Seabreeze Terms of Use) as they say forecasting is an imprecise science :biggrin2: . If the service is not updating their details on their website then errors can occur I spose. I would always use BOM as the definitive source - they update theirs fairly quickly and long before the other sites.

2. RELIABILITY

Whilst we endevour to keep the weather information live and up to date, issues arise which may prevent that happening - thus we are unable to guarantee a prompt arrival of data, or that is is free of errors or ommisions. (In the last 9 years, seabreeze.com.au has featured up to date information 99.98% of the time.)

3. ACCURACY

Technical issues, such as a weather station reporting incorrect readings may occur, although this is very rare. Forecasts rely on data supplied from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), internal computation systems and manual review. Forecasting weather is an inprecise science. Computer system errors, or unforeseen factors may quickly evolve that can make the weather behave differently than the published forecast. Forecasts should be assessed in combination with current weather conditions and cross checked with alternate sources of forecast information. Tide predictions are not to be used for navigational purposes - they are design as a general indication of the flow of waters.

AND BELOW IS WILLY WEATHER - data also from BOM

© 2010 Willy Online Pty Ltd - ABN: 52 142 689 674 - Our weather information is based on data supplied by the Bureau of Meteorology

AND HERE IS FROM WEATHERZONE - data also from BOM

Information supplied by Weatherzone based on data from the Bureau of Meteorology

mrsswordie

As previously stated a lot of weather forecast providers use "data" from the BOM, however I have a feeling that a number of weather providers have their own expert "analysts". They may inteprate the data slighty differently and thus give differing forecasts ?

Personally I use the BOM, Seabreeze and more recently discovered the Buoy Weather site. Their free forecast isnt too bad (based just south of Port Hacking)

http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&region=NSW&latitude=-34&longitude=151.5&zone=10&units=m

Also check the Wave Rider sites. If its a 3m southerly swell when you go to bed and they are forecasting a 1-1.5m NE-E swell in the morning I start to have my doubts.

http://www.mhl.nsw.gov.au/www/real_quick.htmlx

http://wavewindtide.sydneyports.com.au/wave/weather_original.asp

cheers

Rod