A Week To Remember

Dusky_Chaser

Hey Raiders

Just came back from an amazing weeks fishing, hitting a few estuaries between Mallacoota and Wagonga.

For those of you who dont know me well I loves me big girls and I'm talking about the brown flat ones.

I am after a 1 meter specimen and wont stop till I get it.

Didnt hit the ton this trip but was blown away by the quality of fish encountered.

Day 1--- Well day 1 was pretty much a wash out but still managed 4 fish over 60....the best going 69....I was really upset with the 69 as she was seriously gut hooked and even after an hour in the live well with the pump on she didnt make it....all other 60 pluses released.

Day 2---- WOW.....First up came a long skinny girl....she went 88 and tipped the scales at just 4.7kg......beautiful fish. (not a great pic....fishing on own and had to get a boaty near by to get a photo for me so I could let her go)

phpML0k6TPM.jpg

On the same day I managed a pigeon pair of 72 and 73...both released

phpVQNh3fPM.jpg

What a day.

Day 3 --- saw a nice 82cm model come in tipping the scales at 4.1kg....a pretty solid fish

phprTCx80PM.jpg

Day 4 --- was great weather but just couldn't seem to get amongst the bigguns

Day 5--- was a tough day early on and the fish were really shut down but then along came another 82cm girl just before dark to keep the smile on my face....another beauty at 4.1kg

php1qo9JOPM.jpg

Day 6---- The final day...I gotta admit I thought surely my luck was gonna run out but then on dusk again....right on queue came this sexy mama.....she went 87cm and weighed spot on 5 kg......She was me fav for the trip......

not as big as the monster I got last month but I still love her :thumbup:

phpUhs4HUPM.jpg

All the fish pictured were released in great condition

What an unbelievable week of flatty fishing......hope you enjoy

Thats just the same big flathead with the photos taken at different times of the day with a change of clothes..........at least that is what I've convinced myself to believe.

Nove

PBs

Flathead.....not worth mentioning now.

By the way did you spend anytime fishing Wonboyn Lake at all?

Incredible captures mate...I love south coast trips with mates....It doesn't get much better....(but then again I've never been to the top end or Coral Sea)

Care to share the plastics you were chucking?

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Hey Raiders

Just came back from an amazing weeks fishing, hitting a few estuaries between Mallacoota and Wagonga.

For those of you who dont know me well I loves me big girls and I'm talking about the brown flat ones.

I am after a 1 meter specimen and wont stop till I get it.

Didnt hit the ton this trip but was blown away by the quality of fish encountered.

Day 1--- Well day 1 was pretty much a wash out but still managed 4 fish over 60....the best going 69....I was really upset with the 69 as she was seriously gut hooked and even after an hour in the live well with the pump on she didnt make it....all other 60 pluses released.

Day 2---- WOW.....First up came a long skinny girl....she went 88 and tipped the scales at just 4.7kg......beautiful fish. (not a great pic....fishing on own and had to get a boaty near by to get a photo for me so I could let her go)

phpML0k6TPM.jpg

On the same day I managed a pigeon pair of 72 and 73...both released

phpVQNh3fPM.jpg

What a day.

Day 3 --- saw a nice 82cm model come in tipping the scales at 4.1kg....a pretty solid fish

phprTCx80PM.jpg

Day 4 --- was great weather but just couldn't seem to get amongst the bigguns

Day 5--- was a tough day early on and the fish were really shut down but then along came another 82cm girl just before dark to keep the smile on my face....another beauty at 4.1kg

php1qo9JOPM.jpg

Day 6---- The final day...I gotta admit I thought surely my luck was gonna run out but then on dusk again....right on queue came this sexy mama.....she went 87cm and weighed spot on 5 kg......She was me fav for the trip......

not as big as the monster I got last month but I still love her :thumbup:

phpUhs4HUPM.jpg

All the fish pictured were released in great condition

What an unbelievable week of flatty fishing......hope you enjoy

:wacko: Im still trying to get my head around the size of those crocks :wacko: I am now hypnotizing you for your secrets :pokey: tell me how you do it...tell me... :whip: I must know before I go crazy :action-smiley-073: at chaos we do not take kindly to secrets....... :1worthy: I give in.. you are the guru, well done!!! :1crybaby:

Thanks guys.

Ive been working hard on these fish for some time. I dont get the chance to fish very often for them so I gotta make it count.....

I love the squidgy lures in particular the shads but have year after year been getting ticked off by squidgy as they keep deleting all my favourites.

I love the colours silver fox , red rum black opal and I think it was called pink zinc but they have all but been deleted and the different sizes available depleted.

So I have had enough .... I am now road testing some new lures.....they are a home made job but not by me...

I have been playing around with these generic style lures and adding my own colour to them so that they fill the void for me that I believe is in the market.

This was my first real go at using them and I am blown away with the start I had........Would love to say more but at this stage thats all I can say about them

Thanks so much for the kind comments

Thats just the same big flathead with the photos taken at different times of the day with a change of clothes..........at least that is what I've convinced myself to believe.

Nove

PBs

Flathead.....not worth mentioning now.

By the way did you spend anytime fishing Wonboyn Lake at all?

Yes mate Wonboyn was one of the places I hit but didnt have a great deal of success there this time....was a cracking day weather wise and still enjoyed it

6 fish over 70 cms, 4 over 80 cms, hardly worth posting really........

Now Dusky chaser, about this 1 metro plus thing, why not aim for something more achievable, like marrying the jayhawk.

Great post mate, sounds like a brill week.

I am now road testing some new lures.....they are a home made job but not by me...

I have been playing around with these generic style lures and adding my own colour to them so that they fill the void for me that I believe is in the market.

This was my first real go at using them and I am blown away with the start I had........Would love to say more but at this stage thats all I can say about them

Thanks so much for the kind comments

Yeah mate clearly they are rubbish, send them to me and I'll get rid of them for you.... :074: