blue groper

matt84

well what a day, mate gave the call to come try a new spot up the coast and didn't it produce, after a couple of good pigs decided to try wrestle a groper and come up with the goods. took 1/2 crab on 50lb gear and went 80cm, 7.2kg. absolute power house of a fish, glad i want on the slipery rock closer to the water would of drag me in fishing a locked drag.

p.s damn had a few beanie's there, should of remembered for fotm.

post-10816-021818500 1310989476_thumb.jpg

post-10816-017335600 1310989483_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt84
  • Like 1

well what a day, mate gave the call to come try a new spot up the coast and didn't it produce, after a couple of good pigs decided to try wrestle a groper and come up with the goods. took 1/2 crab on 50lb gear and went 80cm, 7.2kg. absolute power house of a fish, glad i want on the slipery rock closer to the water would of drag me in fishing a locked drag.

Good work on landing such a solid fish , They sure are a beatiful looking fish.

chris.

Mate, awesome fish!!! Bet it was delicious!!!

Great effort on rod and reel - in the past ive fished for Bluebone in WA with 300 lb handlines, didnt manage to land anything near the quality of your bad boy, well done.

Singers.

Great fish they go like a steamtrain. Lovely eating too, they got that slightly fatty tinge to meat.

Well done.... so lucky. Everytime i try for a groper... they seem to just swim into the rocks. so ya.... never caught one before

don't know what to do when they just run in there. i used a 25lb didn't really do much

25lb line??? dont stand much of a chance, you really need 50lbs + and the right gear. Tackle busting stuff, they are awsomwe.

Edited by Groper