Thumper Blackfish

Went down to Gladesville again yesterday with good mate Smitty to score a few more luderick but the bite has really slowed down and it was a long time between downs but when they were they were monsters.

We only caught six fish and lost about the same but 5 of them were over 45cms and one was a cracker at 46cms and my new PB :yahoo: and didnt they pull hard omg I am glad I had an 8lb leader on.

post-256-000449600 1318989208_thumb.jpg

post-256-031986000 1318989258_thumb.jpg

post-256-032426600 1318989281_thumb.jpg

post-256-036609600 1318989302_thumb.jpg

We berleyed hard and fished even harder in glorious condition but the fish just didnt want to bite with any regularity and I think that will just about do me for blackfishing this year and go back to plastics and lure again for some time.The bite has lasted almost 10 months and the fishing has been extraorindinary to say the least.

Thanks for a memorable day Chris and hopefully as the weather warms up Glenbawn will fire up for us both.

Cheers Stewy

Went down to Gladesville again yesterday with good mate Smitty to score a few more luderick but the bite has really slowed down and it was a long time between downs but when they were they were monsters.

We only caught six fish and lost about the same but 5 of them were over 45cms and one was a cracker at 46cms and my new PB :yahoo: and didnt they pull hard omg I am glad I had an 8lb leader on.

We berleyed hard and fished even harder in glorious condition but the fish just didnt want to bite with any regularity and I think that will just about do me for blackfishing this year and go back to plastics and lure again for some time.The bite has lasted almost 10 months and the fishing has been extraorindinary to say the least.

Thanks for a memorable day Chris and hopefully as the weather warms up Glenbawn will fire up for us both.

Cheers Stewy

Well done mate.

Great to see the master hit a 46cm PB as well.

I almost felt bad when i got mine.... Almost.

Cobba

Whew!! Whopper fish alright. They are actually just starting to come on just south of the harbour and we will have a couple of months of good times. The one we are catching at the moment are all males, full of milt. They certainly are a run of big fish. I will try and catch some big fellas, measure and photgraph them then release them. The mid size ones are much better eating :)

I should also get out after a few flatties and bream. Just bought a new fishing yak which hasn't seen the water yet and have my Quintrex which needs to get out. So many things to do - so little time.

Do you catch any other species in the area or just Blackies haven't seen that area before. ????

There are other species but I do not fish for them while targetting luderick.

There are always other people fishing there with bait but I have never seen anyone catch anything of note although Adam Chef did catch a great kingy not far from there.

Cheers Stewy

Top effort Swordy them are horses!

I know that spot real well lets just say its not just the luderick that are monsters around there :thumbup:

Fantastic catch can I ask how deep you were fishing?

Sure can,

10 to 12 feet

Cheers Stewy

Cheers Stewy

congratstulation !! stewy . Very nice blackfish ther

Cheers Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, Stewy! NICE blackies!! They REALLY DO pull, once they are over that 40cm mark, eh - then step it up a bit more over the 45cm mark!!

I still reckon they'd be harder to pull in, lb for lb than a barramundi!

CHeers

Roberta