BIG squid

mrollo

Went out saturday morning with a couple of mates to see if we could snag a king around the heads.

After a few of the livies began to come up with decent chunks out of the back of their heads, I thought there was either a big cuttlefish or squid lurking around... so when i felt a solid pull on the big rod, i could tell the yakka was getting attacked. After a bit of mucking around and switching baits, i pulled what i thought was a solid squid.

I put the bait back out and within seconds, the reel started singing, which told me this was a bigger squid. After a good fight, in comes the first squids' big brother and my PB by far.

After that the big southerly hit so had to head home, but not a bad day at all.post-15187-073111200 1347854824_thumb.jpg

Went out saturday morning with a couple of mates to see if we could snag a king around the heads.

After a few of the livies began to come up with decent chunks out of the back of their heads, I thought there was either a big cuttlefish or squid lurking around... so when i felt a solid pull on the big rod, i could tell the yakka was getting attacked. After a bit of mucking around and switching baits, i pulled what i thought was a solid squid.

I put the bait back out and within seconds, the reel started singing, which told me this was a bigger squid. After a good fight, in comes the first squids' big brother and my PB by far.

After that the big southerly hit so had to head home, but not a bad day at all.post-15187-073111200 1347854824_thumb.jpg

WOW !! thats not a squid brother , stretch that out & you got yourself a new bimini !!! :biggrin2:

Well done

Well done, enjoy a good tucker.