Friday and Monday night.

jaysondanielgraham

I'll start with Friday night and boy was it fun.

My dad asked me to take him fishing and show him how to use soft plastics for flattys. Well down to old faithful and arrive at 9pm. Great timing with the tide changing, that is what I was thinking.

We did not get a bite for the first 2 hours then it was on with cast after cast hooking up. But looked at my dad and had no idea what he was doing so I put the rod down and started to give in a few tips.

Between giving home some tips I was watching a nice flatty moving around on the sand flat, pointed it out to the old man and with his first cast he hooked up tight to the biggest flatty between us at 55cm. All up over 4 hours we ended up with 13 for the night.

Monday Night what a night to remember with the brother in law. Got down to Windang around 11pm with it being between tide but did notice a few squid zipping round. First cast got a nice little inker then dropped another 2. Changed to a lighter jigg and again straight on with another then dropped 3 more.

Ted started to run in and the all vanished.

So on with the plastics first cast we are both on to to solid flattys. Over the next hour we both get stretched by 80cm Plus models with both straightening the hooks.

Over the next 3 hours it is fish after fish and we thought that we had both bagged out but when we got home and counted up their was only 19 (maybe next time).

All fish have been split up between family members with open arms. What a great night to bond with my brother in law. Now it's time to eat some fillets.

This is Friday night post-20633-0-85762500-1361259981_thumb.jpg

This is Monday night post-20633-0-04707200-1361260114_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaysondanielgraham

You are the flathead king jayson.That windang area seems to produce regularly for you.Are you local to the area.Could you share some details with us as to type of lure and method.Are you fishing out of a boat for these?.Excellent effort.

Chers Steve

Number two went 60 on the nose.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge it was a good night, you rep is safe as the flatty whisperer!

Will have to come out for a harbour sesh when i get back from the basin.[/quotes sounds like a plan should be fun chasing kings. Got one on Sunday with Johnny only a rat. Not much but great fun on light gear.

Maate, fantastic effort guys! Flathead whisperer. I've noticed some ppl have it when it comes to flathead (like my friend) and others don't (me).

No secret Im yet to meet someone who cant land a flatty on a bloodworm wriggler, cant beat them. I was sure it was a jew the way she stripped the line off.

No secret Im yet to meet someone who cant land a flatty on a bloodworm wriggler, cant beat them. I was sure it was a jew the way she stripped the line off.

Yeah they loved your bloodworm wriggler. Yeah she did take some, I did have a smaller one take more line then that big one I got down the coast. Johnny said you got some Jews the other day?

Yeah they loved your bloodworm wriggler. Yeah she did take some, I did have a smaller one take more line then that big one I got down the coast. Johnny said you got some Jews the other day?

Dont tell anyone but i couldnt get bloodworm and had to use wasabi. Yeah had a good sesh in berowra more flatties and a heap of soapies, none legal but up to 44 and they put up a good fight. Yet to crack my first real jew but getting warmer.

It's funny how you keep reporting on here the amounts of flathead being caught yet when I go down to Windang I find the majority of fishing being done on the other end of the bridge :D

Let's hope they stay down there and leave the little channel alone.

Heck i'd feel more safe knowing you're on the bridge flicking out a little plastic instead of having to keep an eye out for the golf balls the other guys use as a sinker....i really should put reflectors on my waders when i am down in the shallows.

Good work on the flatties, surprised there has not been any Breams in your haul, there's been a few 30 plus models being caught under the bridge where you fish.