Hey guys,

Ive recently thought about trying to burley from the shore around botany bay and brighton le sands, as i mainly fish the sand flats for whiting, flathead, trevally, bream and tailor. Any advice on how i can burley from the shore far enough to catch decent sized fish will be well aprreciated from a struggling fisho :banana:

Advice on type of burley, method, type of bait or if it will even help increase my catch rate is what im looking for!

Thanks Guys,

Billy :thumbup:

Mate burley can be anything from bread to chicken pellets, pilchards broken up, prawns broken up. Mix it all together with a bit of salt water and tuna oil and throw hand fulls at a time. Into the wash on the shore line.

Hi Billy, depends on what part of Botany bay shore you fish, its a big shore line! If your fishing in dead water put your burly in a burly bag or cage and throw it approx. where you will be casting your line to. If there is any current running (out going tide ) throw small handfuls of burly (use a mix like Shanemills suggested ) and cast into where you see your burly is going. Experiment with different mixes as different fish and waters will fire up on different mix's. Your catch rate will no doubt go up by asking questions and taking advice as no one gets anywhere by fishing the same way each trip and not getting results. Good luck on your next fishing trip.

Jeff

Thanks for the advice shaynemills and a days fishing, ill probably use the berley bucket as there isnt much current around kyeemagh/brighton, tie it to a fishing line and let that thing fly haha. What do you mean by current?? are you talking about crashing waves and whitewash or just flowing water???

@Geoff, unfortunately i didnt end up getting a boat, as my parents underestimated the price off a good tinny. Back to land based fishing i guess.....

Edited by brighton le sands