Kings Kings Kings and More Knigs

Basil D

Hi Raiders, Me and Chris (pongrass) went today for a fish out of the Hacking, Plan was to get some Squid and fish for Kings, Plan b was Bonitos flaties etc.

,we didn't manage or needed to go after plan b as Plan worked out almost pretty good, Meaning not enough squid but didnt really need them in the end.

we had 3 frozen squid from chris's last trip, we managed to get dusted with all 3 squid and just look at each other and said man we need to get more squid but didn't they went on.

sooo we went after yellow tail and they were every were, never seen so many in my life, what followed was Just amazing, we got 20 yellow tails and all got smashed, we got some more two more times and they all got smashed, we couldn't miss the kings even if we tried,

For a first time targeting King fish I think we did pretty good :D.

we caught 50 to 60 king fish and managed ten keepers ranging from 70 to 78cm and got absolutely smoked, we tried to get into the deep but got reefed, on another it just ripped the hook of the 80lb leader and another the rod almost cracked the rod and came of.

We Just couldn't get enough of them, we ran the new Boat engine for 12 hour straight and used only 24.5 litres of fuel, amazing fuel economy just amazing.

post-8352-0-58082800-1363085741_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-89562700-1363085759_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-77718900-1363085787_thumb.jpg

Its always great when plan A comes together, well done Mr Groper.

cheers

MR Groper Now eh :biggrinthumb: LOl thanks Penguin

Its always great when plan A comes together, well done Mr Groper.

cheers

MR Groper Now eh :biggrinthumb: LOl thanks Penguin

Awsome job there Groper! I see a DR at the back there did you even DR?

Yes we started using it and thought to do a poor mans rigger as well, the way the kings were going we decided to pack it away, the bight was just too fast.

that is impressive numbers on two counts, the catch and the fuel efficiency.

What motor is it by the way?

Yamaha 80hp 1.6 litre four cylinder four stroke, bought it 6 weeks ago, Im a Yamaha man for life.

Good work fellas. Seems you can catch Kings afterall Groper!

Nice work.

Engine sounds like its treating you well. How far did you travel on those 25 litres?

50km of trawling or idling, I never switched it of, I can now fish for kings etc with an engine that allows you too, fuel wise.

G'day Basil,

Mate what a catch.

You and Chris make a good team....

You and Jimmy Bream sound like you're having a wrestling match.

Very impressive - you even managed to get them into the esky.

I bet if you landed one of the smokings, it would not have fitted in there.

You must have orang-utan arms after a stretching like that.

Kingie fillets on the barbie - marinated, smoky...I just had lunch and I'm hungry again...

By the way, don't be surprised if the pro-boats get wind and start drop-lining the area.

Wouldn't be the first time....

Tony

Mate thats an awesome haul well done!

We had a similar scenario last week, non stop kIngs all morning at spot x.

Looks like they have finally arrived, better late than never!

Lets hope they stick around and we all get a good go at them.

G'day Basil,

Mate what a catch.

You and Chris make a good team....

You and Jimmy Bream sound like you're having a wrestling match.

Very impressive - you even managed to get them into the esky.

I bet if you landed one of the smokings, it would not have fitted in there.

You must have orang-utan arms after a stretching like that.

Kingie fillets on the barbie - marinated, smoky...I just had lunch and I'm hungry again...

By the way, don't be surprised if the pro-boats get wind and start drop-lining the area.

Wouldn't be the first time....

Tony

Wait for a report coming up with me and Jimbo.

I agree Tony, I reckon the pros read up on us.

Thats good to hear Groper. You did very well. May i ask how far down the coast you were? Was it just around the bommie of further south? Or in the river?

Mate PM sent.

Mate thats an awesome haul well done!

We had a similar scenario last week, non stop kIngs all morning at spot x.

Looks like they have finally arrived, better late than never!

Lets hope they stick around and we all get a good go at them.

Lets Hope so.

Hi Basil

I fished out from port Hacking on fri and found heaps and heaps of kings. Would have landed about 30 in an hour on my own.

But not one was worth measuring.

Then tried a few other spots with no luck. Gave up on kings and kept a few trevs for a meal and home by 10am like I promised.

Have to try a few more spots this fri and sat.

Bruce

Hi Basil

I fished out from port Hacking on fri and found heaps and heaps of kings. Would have landed about 30 in an hour on my own.

But not one was worth measuring.

Then tried a few other spots with no luck. Gave up on kings and kept a few trevs for a meal and home by 10am like I promised.

Have to try a few more spots this fri and sat.

Bruce

Hi Bruce try and go deeper to get away from the rats.

Basil when you recover from this trip we'll hit my dollie HONEY HOLE only 30km out :sun: plenty on the chew plus kings there also a few weeks ago.

Chris.

Im ready when you are.

Hi Raider, I a question , after cleaning the Kings yesterday I did not find any yellow tails in the guts, yet there was thousands of yellow tail every where and was getting absolutly nailed on them but non in their guts, was a territorial thing?

Basil what can i say you done it again ripper catch you have become the all round fisherman catching just about every thing jews kings you name it i should of taken your offer to come out with you maybe next time the kings look nice and fat Tony hasn't being feeding them too i mite ask him next time we talk .cheers Jim bream

Basil what can i say you done it again ripper catch you have become the all round fisherman catching just about every thing jews kings you name it i should of taken your offer to come out with you maybe next time the kings look nice and fat Tony hasn't being feeding them too i mite ask him next time we talk .cheers Jim bream

almost everything, Ok lets see, Bream, tarwine, mahi, Striped tuna, bonies, tailor, kings, Snapper, pigs, wrass, Jewie, Octopus, cuttle fish, squid, calamari, sharks, jemies, blue eyes, parrot fish, prawns, yabies, flounders, flathead, Groper of course, Drummer, Ausie salmon, trout, yellow belies, long toms, blue swimmer, mud crabs, sharks, and many reefies, not bad for someone who started fishing a few years ago.

To be fair, Ive had help and tips from many Raider like your self, Chris Pongrass, Formosan, Dtrojan, adjustedpete, even some guys who not on this site anymore.

My first time out with adjustedPete I got sick as a dog and I said, what the hell am i doing, I cant do this.

Edited by Groper