My quest for a BIG Mulloway

AGP

Hi Raiders,

I spent many sessions this summer focused on getting a Jew on plastics plus using Live bait at times too. Switching between the Harbour and Hawkesbury system. The end result from hours of casting was 3 fish in 3 different sessions, With many fishless sessions and too many Flathead to count as bycatch. All Jew were small fish with the biggest going 65cm's. I did also lose a monster on live squid despite having 50lb braid and 70lb leader but you have to expect that when targeting the big fella's.

Only 3 weeks ago I purchased a new Tinnie and after spending the last couple weeks installing electrics and live bait tank it was ready for its first trip last weekend.

I decided to head out to the Hawkesbury after getting some Livies and try around the Cowan system.

After only 1 hour and a few Bonito and Tailor taking the Livie's this Big guy struck, I had only just cast out and put the reel into gear as it hit like a freight train with the rod still in my hands.

It had me running around the boat as it changed direction multiple times and to be honest I thought it was going to do me more than a couple of times especially as it had picked up my lighter rod.

A nervous 15 minutes later and my mate was able net him for me.

My biggest Jew and he came in at 122cm's and was a very solid fish! Not bad for the boats first trip out.

Cheers

post-21604-0-17939100-1363211570_thumb.jpg

post-21604-0-45661300-1363211607_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's awesome when you pick a certain day, do your research and get a result like this. I know fish like this don't come easy and the effort I have put in all paid off at the perfect time. Stoked!

Hey Butch, I'm very interested in a session mate, I'll pm you my number. Cheers mate.

including my self there are others that have fished for decades and have not come close to something this big, it really is dedication, expertise, experience and love for what you do. Good on you . may this be just the first of many bigger ones ,