SQUID SQUID AND MORE SQUID

Basil D

HI Guys, I wasn't Going to post this but here it comes, couldn't help my self. went out with a Chris Pongrass and ming for a fish and squid well WE smashed it, on the Troll we nabbed 7 large Bonito each, Plenty of Bait for our next Snapper sesh, we Got one one king, a couple of snapper and tailor, Chris Also got a very nice sized Gummie shark and kindly donated to me knowing how much I love them, yummo , then decided to go for our dearest to our Hearts yummy squid, what happened next was astonishing .

we got a bag limit of 20 calamari each total 59 and one Cuttle, while they are on I wont say no, plenty of bait and food for a few trips. They were Everywhere, under the boat, left right, at the back in front and even on the roof top.

Now before anyone jumps up and down, we are entitled to our quoter we are withing our rights and the squid are not always on such big numbers, after our quoter we got another 20 between us but let them go and they were left still on the Bight.

ENJOY BOYS :banana: yeah Im rubbing it in and why shouldn't I , what a sesh yeeeehhhaaaaa :bleh::gun_bandana:

OH you want to know the spot you say, ok ok down South :1naughty:post-8352-0-31297700-1368227219_thumb.jpg 0037_zps934052fc.jpg

Edited by Groper

Mr. Groper, love your reports. You are always on the fish or squid! Your mrs has certainly got a lot of cooking to do! Enjoy and as for quoters, no problem here! Cracking sesh!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

Guest hawkesbass

Good going guys top day out no rules were broken so again well done and hope your luck continues

That is crazy! We're the squid outside?

yes they were.

That's amazing what are you going to do with all those!

Bait and food, we eat a lot of fish and Squid are Great bait as every one knows, they are hard to come by at times.

Mr. Groper, love your reports. You are always on the fish or squid! Your mrs has certainly got a lot of cooking to do! Enjoy and as for quoters, no problem here! Cracking sesh!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie, We love reading your posts too, sound you know your area and one day when we are up that way I might give you a call, btw I do know of some spots up your way.

Are you gonna go there again tomorrow and catch another 60 squid?

not tomorrow but we will go again and let you know How we go, I bet you it will be bagged out again ;)

Good going guys top day out no rules were broken so again well done and hope your luck continues

Thanks Hawksbass and thanks to everyone who has replied.

Edited by Groper

mate you must have a big family hahaha. seriously now were did you fish how deep were you fishing what was the water temp was there a reef lol now enough of the jokes that's one mean catch your a master on those squid did you go Friday morning i went past your house and the boat was gone i said to my self he is fishing again any way well done mate.

Hey Groper I am surprised your mate is holding a large shark in the living room. If I did that she who must be obeyed would shoot me .Well done on the fabulous fishing stuck at work as I type oh the joys of shiftwork .Cheers Steve

mate you must have a big family hahaha. seriously now were did you fish how deep were you fishing what was the water temp was there a reef lol now enough of the jokes that's one mean catch your a master on those squid did you go Friday morning i went past your house and the boat was gone i said to my self he is fishing again any way well done mate.

HAHAHAH your right I was fishing but the Master is he who taught me about squiding his been doing most of the catches and has a great little secrete and I will keep it for him :)

Hey Groper I am surprised your mate is holding a large shark in the living room. If I did that she who must be obeyed would shoot me .Well done on the fabulous fishing stuck at work as I type oh the joys of shiftwork .Cheers Steve

LOL Thats my son when I got home with the shark he wanted a snap with it, ps the missus hasnt seen this photo yet ;)

What an awesome day it must have been. I've never experienced anything like that before. At first I thought...do you really need to keep everything you catch? But then I thought, commercial fisho's do it DAILY...and they do it for profit. You're going to eat or use all of it...so well bloody done mate!! :thumbup:

What an awesome day it must have been. I've never experienced anything like that before. At first I thought...do you really need to keep everything you catch? But then I thought, commercial fisho's do it DAILY...and they do it for profit. You're going to eat or use all of it...so well bloody done mate!! :thumbup:

Thats True, I have two boys who would eat 20 calamari in a week no problem, so why buy them if we can catch them, anyway, I will have plenty of BAIT and calamari rings and the snapper season is at our door steps and I would use 4/5 blocks of pillies or 5 x 3/4 kg Bonitos or stripes or even 8kg of slimies just for Burley

Edited by Groper

Hi there Groper, mate like your self im a bread and butter fisherman, i fish because i love the outdoors , the challenges fishing has to offer, the mate that i spend times with, , and how good i feel after a day on the water, and that happy feeling usually begins from the minute that i know im going fishing and almost always to the day after i have been fishing , catch or no catch it does not matter, that is because i know that , i will have to buy fish from the markets no matter how many fish i can catch through out a year, the reason that i have to buy fish is because my ageing body needs it to keep healthy , i choose to eat fish 3 times a week, and it has to be fresh fish or else i know that im not getting as much of those vital vitamins that will keep me healthier and live longer as well, although i spend allot of money for every fishing outing i almost always catch just enough for a meal or rarely two ,but most of the times less, so that means i have to buy fish whether i like it or not , fish that almost always is never as fresh as the stuff we catch, and because of that it also lacks the amount of those life keeping vitamins that im trying to consume every week, but then there are tablets that i could be taking instead of eating fish right,? stored in plastic for months, that are good for me right? are they really as good as they say? or have they got side affects that are really causing me problems that no one knows about , SO! what am i going on and on about? its about the right to catch my limit when and if it ever happens , and how some from the preservation brigade want to make you and i feel guilty every time we add another fish to the ice slurry, i ask them what is the difference between buying not as fresh fish, and fish that i catch and keep my self , i still have to eat fish to stay alive longer so what is the difference ? so what im trying to say to you my fellow fishraider is don't let them make you feel bad because you are catching instead of buying fish you need to eat, i will allways catch and keep as much as i need to eat but never more then im allowed, i hope your catches increase so that you can eat more and live a very long time , so that you can fish and catch more to eat , so that you can catch more , but never more then you are allowed.

Hi there Groper, mate like your self im a bread and butter fisherman, i fish because i love the outdoors , the challenges fishing has to offer, the mate that i spend times with, , and how good i feel after a day on the water, and that happy feeling usually begins from the minute that i know im going fishing and almost always to the day after i have been fishing , catch or no catch it does not matter, that is because i know that , i will have to buy fish from the markets no matter how many fish i can catch through out a year, the reason that i have to buy fish is because my ageing body needs it to keep healthy , i choose to eat fish 3 times a week, and it has to be fresh fish or else i know that im not getting as much of those vital vitamins that will keep me healthier and live longer as well, although i spend allot of money for every fishing outing i almost always catch just enough for a meal or rarely two ,but most of the times less, so that means i have to buy fish whether i like it or not , fish that almost always is never as fresh as the stuff we catch, and because of that it also lacks the amount of those life keeping vitamins that im trying to consume every week, but then there are tablets that i could be taking instead of eating fish right,? stored in plastic for months, that are good for me right? are they really as good as they say? or have they got side affects that are really causing me problems that no one knows about , SO! what am i going on and on about? its about the right to catch my limit when and if it ever happens , and how some from the preservation brigade want to make you and i feel guilty every time we add another fish to the ice slurry, i ask them what is the difference between buying not as fresh fish, and fish that i catch and keep my self , i still have to eat fish to stay alive longer so what is the difference ? so what im trying to say to you my fellow fishraider is don't let them make you feel bad because you are catching instead of buying fish you need to eat, i will allways catch and keep as much as i need to eat but never more then im allowed, i hope your catches increase so that you can eat more and live a very long time , so that you can fish and catch more to eat , so that you can catch more , but never more then you are allowed.

couldn't agree more, fresh fish is best and what it can provide for ones body anyday over meat.

Nothing wrong with taking your limit, makes up for all the days when you get bugger all!

Here Here.

HAHAHAH your right I was fishing but the Master is he who taught me about squiding his been doing most of the catches and has a great little secrete and I will keep it for him :)

LOL Thats my son when I got home with the shark he wanted a snap with it, ps the missus hasnt seen this photo yet ;)

G'day Basil,

Mate that's a top bag of squid. Well done.

A lot of people don't realise that when squid school up, they are around in their thousands.

They do so to spawn and once they do, they die...

They lay millions of eggs and so they are very prolific breeders.

To take 60 squid is really nothing but to run a trawler thru them - that would be a problem....

I do know that Chris is a fanatic about his squid jigs, his techniques and his results prove it.

Even his bonnie trolling is very well set up and highly successful.

Well done to you all.

If I smell stuffed calamari from Chris's general direction, I may have to pay him an unexpected visit !

Tony

G'day Basil,

Mate that's a top bag of squid. Well done.

A lot of people don't realise that when squid school up, they are around in their thousands.

They do so to spawn and once they do, they die...

They lay millions of eggs and so they are very prolific breeders.

To take 60 squid is really nothing but to run a trawler thru them - that would be a problem....

I do know that Chris is a fanatic about his squid jigs, his techniques and his results prove it.

Even his bonnie trolling is very well set up and highly successful.

Well done to you all.

If I smell stuffed calamari from Chris's general direction, I may have to pay him an unexpected visit !

Tony

there are some jigs that work better than others and the line makes a difference as well. Both mates a very good squiders.