A great day!

Mutt

Down the South Coast with a LOT of family! Managed to organise a day in Lake Conjola (boat ramp in Killarney St is great as kids can play and swim and fishers can fish away close by...) Anyhow round 1 was my wife and kids, sounded a drop off and with servo prawns we bagged a nice legal bream. Went back in as 2 year old had had enough, took the nieces out, same spot..bang 46cm flathead, 45cm flathead and a 38cm bream! The servo prawns were working a treat! Took them back in and then took the wife and mother in law out...same spot BANG...4 more great bream... Finally, my 12 year niece and I went back, BANG.. My turn, another legal bream! A great day and a great family fish dinner!!!

Thanks Rob, great time of year to be in our line of work!

Yowie, it was delicious! You know it's good when there isn't a sound at the dinner table with 6 kids eating...

I hope you're both doing well on the water...

Nice catch, did you fish the big drop of as you go up the lake?

There are nippers on the flats on the Northern side of the lake. Great fun for the kids pumping for them. I usually pump whilst there is water over the flats. Straight into a sieve held by someone and the kids can pick them out.

Cheers

Paikea

Spot on Paikea! Northern corner on the drop off! I had the pump but servo prawns did all the damage...best thing is 5 days later it's all the kids can still talk about (and the mother in law!)

I just got back from a 10 day trip at conjola scored a heap of solid whiting using poppers for the first time ranging from 30cm to 44cm real fat too . I love the lake I've been holidaying their for 9 years now and it always produces quality fish and always fat their is so much bait in there . Congrats on a few great feeds from a great fishing location for the whole family

Thanks Erroll, the fish wasn't wasted! Delicious! Ace, I have fished Conjola for many years with varying success but this trip was by far the best! The irony, majority of fish were caught on my nieces pink $29 rods and my daughters $21 special that is about 60cm in length. Love Summer.....

Good to see Conjola on fire still. Yep you can hire boats from post office/takeaway/video outlet/news agent/tennis court hire /..../...

Have the cicada's stopped hatching yet? Masses and masses of them there over Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk