SYDNEY JEWS - ROUND 2

craigbutcher

Hi Raiders,

Went out on round 2 of the Jew mission 5 days after the last lot.

Landed a heap of solid Trag and finally got through the Trag to slam a nice JEWFISH!!!

All around that magic tide change offshore around 4-5km - Sydney!

My Jewfish

post-11981-0-59731300-1389926198_thumb.jpg

A handful of solid trag like this one...

post-11981-0-69766100-1389926320_thumb.jpg

Butch

Butch they are big trag well done.

If you don't mind me asking what depth and bait were you using? I think I have found a hole out off Cronulla. Tried it briefly last week and pulled one reddie of 1.5kg and a pannie and then a hole heap of Pike. I suspect there are bigger fish there because of the Pike. Any Pearls you can give me for down this way?

Johno

If you don't mind me asking what depth and bait were you using? I think I have found a hole out off Cronulla. Tried it briefly last week and pulled one reddie of 1.5kg and a pannie and then a hole heap of Pike. I suspect there are bigger fish there because of the Pike. Any Pearls you can give me for down this way?

Johno

Depth we fish for Jews ranges from around 30m all the way down to 45m.

But with Jews, always need a big edge / drop off. With Trag, they will hold up on broken ground, no dramas!

Well done butch! Your always seem to land some solid fish. You must have some really good marks out there and know your area well.

Great stuff!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Scratchie, yeh got some good marks mate, spent years catching zero fish offshore before I began learn the ropes.

My GPS Marks and not categorised by name, I just mark them as follows; 8KG JEW, 7KG SNAPPER, TRAG GROUND, 10KG KING etc so I know where to go when I want to chase a certain fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Johno

Duckegg ,

I have fished a ledge off Cronulla 120ft-140ft catching small reds and loads of pike and have also often wondered if any Jew are in the area before dark. Will give it a go soon with downrigging some live pike on tide change

Let us know how you go

Johno

Johno,

I have also found loads of pike and the odd red off Cronulla on a ledge 120ft-140ft. Have also considered dragging live pike on downrigger on a tide change, you would think jew or kings cant be to far away with that number of pike in the area.

Let us know how you go

nice pair of trag ,bloke.have not seen one that size in years.jews have convex or rounded tails and a dark spot above the pectoral fin too.trag have concave or hollow tail fins.either way that is some spectacular fish.

nice pair of trag ,bloke.have not seen one that size in years.jews have convex or rounded tails and a dark spot above the pectoral fin too.trag have concave or hollow tail fins.either way that is some spectacular fish.

Hi Evil borris,

Nah mate, this was a Jewfish buddy, just the angle of the photo.

Trag don't get that big buddy, they max out around 7kg and 1m.

This photo might show a better angle. As you said, trag have a concave and Jewfish a convex... Another element is Trag are slightly purple with yellow mouths and big Jews offshore are silver with white mouths.

post-11981-0-64986400-1390863819_thumb.jpg

Below are trag. See the difference offshore...

post-11981-0-53744300-1390864008_thumb.jpg

Butch

Edited by THE BUTCH

Hey Butch

Hows the renegade go off shore ? Ive just brought a 440 CC renegade. What size you fishing from ?

Cheers

Yeh the renegades go well buddy, I have another boat, this is my mates boat.

But yeh, nice soft ride for an alloy boat buddy and stable at rest...

Yeh the renegades go well buddy, I have another boat, this is my mates boat.

But yeh, nice soft ride for an alloy boat buddy and stable at rest...

Cheers Dude.

Used to be out there alot on my mates contender or my old edgewater but sold that and downgraded . Gather you launched inside longy with the renegade ?