Trailer boat tourno wrap!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from the comp over the weekend.

Friday- headed out with fellow raider on board weekend detention and were greeted by some awesome weather, so the decision was made to chase some beaks. We worked hard all day, changing lures, baits and methods. Managed to get 6 legal dollies all returned as I had a fridge full. 2 really decent sized stripe tuna and unfortunately we hooked but dropped 2 marlin. About 2pm the southerly hit and we headed for home.

post-24974-0-30426900-1396822646_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-24929900-1396822683_thumb.jpg

Saturday- had a gentlemans start at 7am and with the wind and swell up we decided to work fingal headland. After filling up on livies, we anchored up and sent out some livies hoping for a longtail or king.

Started a good berley trail and after picking through some rubbish fish, we started to get some nicer snapper and bream, and you could feel the bite hotting up. This is also where it ended as we lost our anchor. So we headed in for lunch and a replace my anchor.

Went back out in the arvo to chase Jew. Chased a few livies and squid and set up for the tide sunset in wait. A few stories, few beers and sorry to say, no fish! Then we were pretty much blown off the water by a storm and called it quits for the night.

Sunday- weather was shocking and the decision was made not to fish. So I attended my boys rep league duties.

It was overall not a bad weekend and it was great to catch up with fellow raiders, diesel, weekend detention, Oziodin, Dom and many other fishos I know.

At the weigh in, it was obvious that the fishing was hard going especially offshore and the size of the fish this year were a lot smaller. 440 boats participated and approximately a 1000 anglers.

Tight lines all,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sounds like a tough weekends fishing, guess it cant be great every year.

Couldn't make it up this time round due to other commitments, but hope to be back there next year.

Cheers, Baz.

How are you baz? Yeah it was tough going. Friday was the pick until 2pm. Great tourno though. Very professionally done! Looking forward to next year already!

Looks like it was tough going Jeff but still a good weekend to be out and about. Love the picture of the sunrise and good to hear you got stuck into a number of dollies and striped tunas.

I think tough going is an understated . All fish weighed in were well down on last year. Next year in taking my lucky charm, my wife and kids!