La Perouse - Squid Sessioon - 26/04

zaki10

Hi Guys,

Went out Saturday 26th for a quick squid session, used 2.5 - 3.0 Yamashita bright coloured and natural coloured jigs, we managed nothing for two hours straight so we packed up and went home for the night. I was wondering if anyone has any different techniques for this area that I could try next time?

Tight Lines

Zac

Larger the better. Try moving around more until you find them. I use 3.0-3.5. Smallest jig I use is a 2.5.

Squid are sight predators. La perouse holds a lot of southern calamari at the moment so they will go for a meal over a snack.

What was the tide doing?

Larger the better. Try moving around more until you find them. I use 3.0-3.5. Smallest jig I use is a 2.5.

Squid are sight predators. La perouse holds a lot of southern calamari at the moment so they will go for a meal over a snack.

What was the tide doing?

The water was very rough that night, hard to explain really what it was doing but I think I might try spikes with pilchards :) see how that goes.

If the current is pretty strong, try using a paternoster rig with a float. Works a treat and really doesn't matter what size jig you use. The key is getting the weight right.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks matey I will keep that in mind! Yea the current was too strong and jig didn't stand a chance.