Useless fishing reports

scarab36319

I use this site for only a few reasons, the main one being the fishing reports.

I hop in hoping to see what fish are on the bite at what location on what bait and what tide.

No most of the posts are 'I got up at 4am and grabbed my rods and did some other irrelevant stuff and then went fishing in the ocean somewhere off nsw at some time using bait and I caught some fish'. No useful information at all.

They're in the fishing reports section but mostly I see fishing stories.

IMO a report should start with date, location and fish biting.

Body should include as much detail about time, tide, baits, berley, water depth and location, rigs etc.

Photos are irrelevant unless it's of the rig or the location.

Anyways end of whinge bartender, give me a shot of something else.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mmmmmmmm...how boring would all the reports be if we all used the same / similar format

I for one do not really care about the rigs/bait/location/tide etc, you can pickup any Sydney fishing publication and you will get this same info over and over... I read the report for the the exact opposit ! For a laugh and the for stories.

Everyone has a different way to express their outings...

Here is some fish I caught the other day on some lures

post-10545-0-10090900-1398915049_thumb.jpg

dhype

Edited by dhype

I personally think a great fishing report should be a great fishing story!

These stories take you there. That is what a fishing report should be.

mmmmmmmm...how boring would all the reports be if we all used the same / similar format

I for one do not really care about the rigs/bait/location/tide etc, you can pickup any Sydney fishing publication and you will get this same info over and over... I read the report for the the exact opposit ! For a laugh and the for stories.

Everyone has a different way to express their outings...

Here is some fish I caught the other day on some lures

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif photo.JPG

dhype

Amen! Best reports are the ones with an awesome story :) even if its that you lost a cracker or had a string of ridiculously unfortunate events. Yeah its nice when rigs etc are included (still and always learning from others experience) but I love the photos and seeing other people out on the water if I can't be!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think we should be appreciative of whatever people care to share with us, people are not getting paid to share their fishing reports. If they want to provide details they will, I think general location, type of fish, bait or lure is heaps. if you want more info, most people would be happy to share via IM.

Edited by Linc

There are many people on here only too happy to share specific info via PM's. One thing to remember if fish have tails and swim for a reason. In most cases a report will give you general info regarding location and some might add they where using lures or bait but the real joy of fishing is finding out for yourself. Maybe we could take the fishing report section and split it into 2 new sections. Fishing Stories and Free info for those that need hand feeding.

OK.

I might be a bit guilty of that.

I tend to follow the format of other fishing reports which have a story like feel and I find that interesting.

I like to hear the detail and the process and the thoughts of other fisho's as it gives you a better insight to the person behind the post.

Personally, and this is just me (but it could be others) I would be reluctant to ask for very specific information from anybody unless I have made some effort to show

I was interested in their experience rather than just what useful information they could give me. Even then I would give some before I ever asked for any.

I use the fishing reports as an indication of what is around and generally that's enough to apply your own knowledge and figure it out.

I think everybody to some degree protects the present knowledge and the knowledge they have gained over the years as some sort of mark of respect for what it took to achieve in the first place. When that knowledge is passed on it is usually most freely passed on to those who are going to appreciate it.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Why the hell would anyone broadcast exact details of a killer session on the internet?? I am and I know many others are extremely conservative when posting about either Mulloway or specific Kingfish locations.

I know some blokes are more than happy to help with pm's and that's up to the individual but you have rocks in your head to whinge about not seeing location photos..

I don't tell my mates where my favourite Jew spot is let alone the entire fishing world.

This is the only fishing report I have found from you. It doesn't include anything on rigs or water depth.

Fishing reports are there for everyone. Either the journey and/or the fishing are the experiences that are shared.

If you would like more information in reports then ask!

We closely monitor all reports and request more information when necessary.

So your comment that most reports are "no useful information at all", is not with the spirit of raider.

Be very careful with regards to your comments.

Scratchie mod team

scarab36319

04 Mar 2014

Berlied off the rocks at low tide about 4.30pm with bread and pilchards. Slimies turned up after 10 minutes and started smashing everything. Had about 70cm king take a slimy I had hooked and bringing in on a little daiwa 2000. That hurt.

Turned up the pressure with penn 7000 with a livie out. Kings disappeared and a shark took the livie.

Mozies came in and we left about 7pm having had a ball.

Ps if you fish there take your rubbish with you. I took a bag full home as it looked like a tip when we arrived.

We are not here to provide a service for you.

You should be appreciative of any information raiders are willing to share. How many contributions have you made in your 6 or so months as a member?

Why don't you put up a few reports and show us how it's done.

I fully understand if raiders don't want to divulge every single detail, people spend a lot of time and money finding locations and the right combinations to catch the fish.

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

I use this site for only a few reasons, the main one being the fishing reports.

I hop in hoping to see what fish are on the bite at what location on what bait and what tide.

No most of the posts are 'I got up at 4am and grabbed my rods and did some other irrelevant stuff and then went fishing in the ocean somewhere off nsw at some time using bait and I caught some fish'. No useful information at all.

They're in the fishing reports section but mostly I see fishing stories.

IMO a report should start with date, location and fish biting.

Body should include as much detail about time, tide, baits, berley, water depth and location, rigs etc.

Photos are irrelevant unless it's of the rig or the location.

Anyways end of whinge bartender, give me a shot of something else.

I can block you from seeing these "useless, irrelevant, non -fishing reports" if you like.

You can have access to everything except fishing reports if you like.

Shut the door on your way out................

Hey buddy,

There's a reason it's called fishing and not catching. Part of the reason everyone on here enjoys it so much is the learning curve we all go through trying to figure out what works best. If everything was just handed on a platter eg. do this, throw your bait here and put your hat on the wrong way and you'll catch a 20kg kingfish it would be no where near as fun and rewarding as putting in the hard yards yourself and getting a great catch.

Hey Scarab 36319, you need to lighten up a bit mate. There are many excellent fishos who are on this site and it's fantastic reading the reports (written with many different styles) and by people from many walks of life and ethnic background. THAT is what makes Australia and Australians GREAT. Chill out and enjoy the GOOD in this site...or maybe go elsewhere if it's not to your liking. Cheers, Neil.

Yeah well said Donna.

At the end of the day, no matter how much detail we are given, you could fish the exact same spot, using the same rig, same bait, same time of tide etc and not catch a thing the next day, has happened to me plenty of times, so all that detail probably won't help out all that much anyway.

Anyway I think he got the point, he definitely got some attention if that was his aim.

Edited by Linc

Yup Linc said it, each day and situation is unique. Thats why the theory is so much more important them the specifix detail such as spot x. Once you have a sound theory you can apply to the specific scenario.

Make sense?

Or too complex?

:)

I've fished next to other guys. Same boat, same rig. Same bait. And not had the same results. We fish with friends because we like their company and conversation.

I'd suggest it's the same reason were all here. Well most of us.

......... SaltWaterDog

Edited by NaClH2OK9