A FEW SOLO MARLIN 2014 VIDEO

winki

Seems like a pretty stable platform to fish from, how much fuel do you think you go through each trip?

Hey mate normally use an average of 50 litres a day fishing the shelf and trolling all day, a lot less if I fish livies...

How fast are you trolling roughly, and how far back is your spread? I find it tricky to troll in that 'sweat spot' in my Poly solo. always having to ride the throttle.

Hey man normally troll about 6-8kn and run lures at different distances every time depending on changing conditions,run a short corner and a shotgun out the back and split those two with another one or two in between. Also if you run a teaser put a lure a few meters behind that. Very hard to clear everything when fishing solo but it's a challenge and great fun...

Hey man normally troll about 6-8kn and run lures at different distances every time depending on changing conditions,run a short corner and a shotgun out the back and split those two with another one or two in between. Also if you run a teaser put a lure a few meters behind that. Very hard to clear everything when fishing solo but it's a challenge and great fun...

Thanks mate!

well done, a small boat but a mighty one, some great fish there, I used go out miles solo in my 15ft half cabin, it was great fun but scary at times :)

I got my first solo marlin this year as well. Would you believe my go pro stuffed up on that day, the battery crapped out, so I recorded most of it on my Iphone for the evidence, I will post it up as soon as I get bit of time to edit it.

peter

well done, a small boat but a mighty one, some great fish there, I used go out miles solo in my 15ft half cabin, it was great fun but scary at times :)

I got my first solo marlin this year as well. Would you believe my go pro stuffed up on that day, the battery crapped out, so I recorded most of it on my Iphone for the evidence, I will post it up as soon as I get bit of time to edit it.

peter

Cograts Mate on the Solo Marlin!

Yeah Peter I have had the GoPro fog up or the battery run out half way through the fight and then finding my spare and changing it while fighting a crazy Black Marlin...haha It is a bit freaky sometimes when out on the shelf solo and most of the time I don't see any other boats out there.. My biggest fear is getting pulled in while in the harness or having a Marlin jump in the boat.. The risk is worth the reward..

Cograts Mate on the Solo Marlin!

Yeah Peter I have had the GoPro fog up or the battery run out half way through the fight and then finding my spare and changing it while fighting a crazy Black Marlin...haha It is a bit freaky sometimes when out on the shelf solo and most of the time I don't see any other boats out there.. My biggest fear is getting pulled in while in the harness or having a Marlin jump in the boat.. The risk is worth the reward..

yeah bloody go pros :) but they are great thing and in general they are pretty reliable, I had my iphone as a backup anyway so it's all good

I never landed a marlin in my 15 footer, I hooked a few but I dropped them. One time I hooked a stripped tuna and about 10 feet from the boat a huge mako came up and ripped to shreds, I almost crapped myself. I was about 10 miles offshore by myself.

I used strap the engine key lanyard to my wrist every time it got a bit rough, so if I went over board at least the engine would stop. I also kept a small a rubber duckie in the cabin to inflate in case of an emergency as well. I think your boat would be harder to sink than mine was, some of the smaller boats now are probably safer than the bigger ones in terms of keeping afloat

If I was doing it today, I would wear an inflatable life jacket all the time and have a GPS Epirb on my belt all the time, so if I went overboard I would inflate the jacket and turn on the epirb if I couldn't get back to the boat. I think they are about $500 and they last about 8 years, they are well worth it.

for sure its scary at times, but its awesome

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Thanks Billy, gets me keen to try and get a few more before the seasons over..good luck fishin!

Im almost ready to head out and have a go as well, still a bit to sort out though but your video has me fast tracking things now :-)

yeah bloody go pros :) but they are great thing and in general they are pretty reliable, I had my iphone as a backup anyway so it's all good

I never landed a marlin in my 15 footer, I hooked a few but I dropped them. One time I hooked a stripped tuna and about 10 feet from the boat a huge mako came up and ripped to shreds, I almost crapped myself. I was about 10 miles offshore by myself.

I used strap the engine key lanyard to my wrist every time it got a bit rough, so if I went over board at least the engine would stop. I also kept a small a rubber duckie in the cabin to inflate in case of an emergency as well. I think your boat would be harder to sink than mine was, some of the smaller boats now are probably safer than the bigger ones in terms of keeping afloat

If I was doing it today, I would wear an inflatable life jacket all the time and have a GPS Epirb on my belt all the time, so if I went overboard I would inflate the jacket and turn on the epirb if I couldn't get back to the boat. I think they are about $500 and they last about 8 years, they are well worth it.

for sure its scary at times, but its awesome

Yeah your right about that... Hey have you been out with Nomad? I used to be a guide up there and remember testing those Sent Blazer Lures with a few guys..cheers

Yeah your right about that... Hey have you been out with Nomad? I used to be a guide up there and remember testing those Sent Blazer Lures with a few guys..cheers

yeah I did a trip about 3 years ago, the lures we used were all prototypes back then. We lost a few lures, straightened hooks, busted off, sharked etc. Our guide was a South African guy, Glanville, I think from memory.

There a was a film crew that used the lures for a DVD segment on Nomad as well, that was about a year ago. They had to run the lures without the bait, they kept getting sharked otherwise, they got a few dogtooth on them.

heres the clip they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ71hWU3dWo

All good, small world.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures