Cracker of a day in middle harbour

Kingfish1999

Hi all, got to tunks last night at 6ish as I had work. Got there and no other boats. Went to sugarloaf bay to sleep on the boat. Got three yakkas and two slimies before bed. Got up at 7 the next morning and went to the heads straight away but was a bit tough so went to watsons to try for squid but it was quite windy there aswell. Decided to go back to middle harbour near balmoral. As soon as we got I the spot the fish finder was going off. Had a really good burly trail going castes out with a tiny but if pillie and hooked a 49cm trevally first cast was so stoked. After a few trevally it quite then we say a rat kingfish in the trail and it pretty much hit the motor it cam that close. It swam off I castes a tiny bit of pillie and within ten seconds it cm back with line hanging out of its mouth wind of slack and I hooked it. Almost cut my off on 3lb braid on the moorings near by. Had about 5 long hard runs and struggled to get line back on my 2004 daiwa sol haha. Got it near the boat tried to net it missed mad a massive run back down again got it up and got it first go was so stoked. First kingfish in two years, ended up being 55cm small but great fight and stoked. Caught about another 8 bream, 15 trevally and one leatherjacket. Has a great day to be out little wind and is many fish! Thanks for reading hoped you like it. Will post photo of kingy when my phone charges up

post-25475-0-40333200-1400995799_thumb.jpg

post-25475-0-16001700-1400995821_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ethan

Edited by Ethan13

Sounds like a great day on the water. Plenty of fish caught on light gear :)

What did you do with the kingy?

Cheers scratchie!!!

We released all the fish we caught (I am Ethan's dad). We kept the leatherjacket in the live bait tank in case we got a few more but ended up releasing him as well when we got back to the boat ramp. Even the yakkas we got in Sugarloaf that survived in the live bait tank overnight got released when we had no need for them. All in all it was a lot of fun on very light gear!!

Thanks Scratchie, Ethan still has a smile on his face from the fight the kingie put up!!

That was my son replying Pete!

Sounds like a great day had by all and I could feel the excitement in Ethan's report. Well done :)