Botany Bay swarms of arrow squid

Botany Bay Fishing

Well headed out to BB just for a flick around to catch some flatties and to gather some early morning squid managed 3 calamari and then moved onto flatties. Spent 3 hrs flicking soft plastics, blades, all sorts and not even one bite all around towra and kurnel. So moved over to deeper water with the paternoster rigs on the north side of Bare Island kept drifting through a "supposed" bait ball, getting these weird bites and losing all of our baits to only realise when a few arrow squids surfaced that it was them that was stealing all of our baits so changed the top hook of the paternoster to a squid jig, dropped back down to 12m and chaos soon followed all up within 15 minutes managed 5 arrows. Also caught a nice sized occy and 2 flathead on the paternoster rig

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HgRI89QPq0

Thanks Mrs Swordy and Scratchie.

I saw the vid on a P.C so no problems.

On my iPhone I can not see it from Google chrome, Safari, tapatalk or if I type the name into the you tube app. I also have the Adobe reader app.

I think "the son" has restricted it in his utube settings to only play from a P.C. But that's just a hunch.

Anyway sorry for hijacking your informative post and video. You have encouraged me to give a Paternosta rig a crack for squid.

Thanks Jason

Edited by welst

Thanks Mrs Swordy and Scratchie.

I think "the son" has restricted it in his utube settings to only play from a P.C. But that's just a hunch.

Thanks Jason

I concur, I believe you are right. On the iPad, it opens then says umg is restricted on some sites, watch on YouTube, so click that button, you tube opens and then says the video is restricted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Try the app YouPlayer if a vid is not working in the YouTube app

Once downloaded type into search field - Sydney Arrow Squid and Flathead

You can watch on your ipad or iphone

Scratchie correct me if I am wrong but isn't Adobe Reader for reading PDF files?

By the way nice vid :)

Thank you the copy and paste worked in the you player app. I still think it's i the settings but your solution gets around it. Ta

Edited by welst

UMG (universal music group) and SONY and restricted playback is usually to do with copyright.

Music soundtrack is the problem. Correct me if I am wrong here.

It is why people go to vimeo and other platforms. Just use the YouPlayer and it will allow all methinks. I am going to move this discussion to technical a bit later ;)

Try the app YouPlayer if a vid is not working in the YouTube app

Once downloaded type into search field - Sydney Arrow Squid and Flathead

You can watch on your ipad or iphone

Scratchie correct me if I am wrong but isn't Adobe Reader for reading PDF files?

By the way nice vid :)

Your never wrong mrs swordy! That was the most computer technical word I knew. Sounded good! Lol :)

On reflection, that was for something else I was looking at. My bad!