Double Bay, 25/01/15

adamski

Hey Raiders,

With the missus away on business, I got some time this long weekend for only my second session of 2015. Hit Double Bay and I could see some good-sized fish milling around. Second cast and I can see a bream has whacked my crabbie close in. Had to fight a bit to stop it busting off on the sea wall, but eventually was able to bring it round to the stairs. Handlined it in and it came in at 33 cm, my first decent fish of 2015. Had a reasonable sized flattie on the hook later too, but it bit through the line just as I was about to lift it in. Also got my new PB whiting (if you can call 25 cm a PB, I just cannot seem to get a legal one!). Tried for gars with prawns later in the afternoon when they started to appear, but couldn't get any on the hook. Ended up catching a load of tiny tailor and mullet as by-catch, so switched back to plastics but didn't have any more luck.

Didn't have my camera with me, but here's the bream- who'll be getting chucked in the new freezer for the girlfriend coming home.

post-33473-0-60429800-1422169994_thumb.jpg

Tackle supplies are wearing thin, so tomorrow it might just be a quick Australia Day flick at the canal.

Cheers for reading.

Hey Raiders,

With the missus away on business, I got some time this long weekend for only my second session of 2015. Hit Double Bay and I could see some good-sized fish milling around. Second cast and I can see a bream has whacked my crabbie close in. Had to fight a bit to stop it busting off on the sea wall, but eventually was able to bring it round to the stairs. Handlined it in and it came in at 33 cm, my first decent fish of 2015. Had a reasonable sized flattie on the hook later too, but it bit through the line just as I was about to lift it in. Also got my new PB whiting (if you can call 25 cm a PB, I just cannot seem to get a legal one!). Tried for gars with prawns later in the afternoon when they started to appear, but couldn't get any on the hook. Ended up catching a load of tiny tailor and mullet as by-catch, so switched back to plastics but didn't have any more luck.

Didn't have my camera with me, but here's the bream- who'll be getting chucked in the new freezer for the girlfriend coming home.

attachicon.giffishpic51.jpg

Tackle supplies are wearing thin, so tomorrow it might just be a quick Australia Day flick at the canal.

Cheers for reading.

Did you catch the bream on soft plastic?

Did you catch the bream on soft plastic?

Yeah, 2" Gulp crabbie in camo on 1/16th or 1/20th I think (had the two weights mixed in together in my jighead box). I guess it depends if you see Gulp as SPs- seen some folks call them bait because of the material they're made of.

Thats a solid bream mate.Well done.

Ive heard about crabbies from Seamus and Gianni

I have to give them a go.

They seem to sink slowly.

Slower than a jerk shad.

Cheers dude! Crabbies have become my go-to for bream, only problem is they get picked apart by smaller fish very easily- if the tailor or jackets are on the chew, you're doomed to lose one every few casts, unless you switch to a heavier jighead to get it down past them. Problem is that means the bream might be less likely to take it on the drop. Gulp seem to get more hits, again I think it's because of the edible material they're made from, but the powerbait crabbies are more durable.

Sorry for the double-post, but hit Iron Cove today for another flick with the plastics. Incoming tide was pretty quiet, but the bite started to come on early afternoon. Managed a bream, three or four under-sized flatties and the tiniest whiting you've ever seen. All on powerbait crabbies in peppered prawn on a 1/20 jighead, with the exception of the whiting, which was on a gulp camo crabbie.

post-33473-0-75343300-1422252884_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-83733500-1422252899_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-84971300-1422252930_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-14284400-1422252952_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-34850500-1422252981_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-34349900-1422253018_thumb.jpg

thanks for including date in title

I notice you regulary thank raiders for including the date in the title. Just wondering what the main reason is for wanting to know the dates. Are you compiling some sort of database? Cheers!!