Cooks River pot luck Jew

nbdshroom

Greetings Raiders,

This morning, Stewy generously took me aboard the Fishraider boat for a session of bream and mulloway.

Conditions were perfect - the wind was light, overcast with a hint of rain and a tide change.

We tried our luck at a few bridges only to find our plastics being constantly hassled by tailor. Stewy managed several largeish tailor to 40cm. Where there is bait, there are predators and finally we struck gold when I got a hit on the Berkley powerbait jerkshad... The hook set was strong and true and away we went. See video of what ensued.

After that, we decided to finish up with a relaxing fish for bream. Stewy poled plenty of them feisty fish in to wrap up a reward session.

Once again, thank you Stewy for taking me out and giving me the opportunity to chase these elusive fish. It was released so hopefully it could hassle another lucky angler another day.

post-25384-0-74677000-1429268863_thumb.jpg post-256-0-75420000-1429269277_thumb.jpg post-256-0-39224600-1429269288_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-02140200-1429269321_thumb.jpg post-256-0-21966900-1429269332_thumb.jpg post-256-0-85922600-1429269341_thumb.jpg post-256-0-78041300-1429269349_thumb.jpg

Well done Pete and what a great day to be out on the water.

Stick that fruit in ya clacker I am in need of crappy food my good man.

Cheers Stewy

Well done Pete and what a great day to be out on the water.

Stick that fruit in ya clacker I am in need of crappy food my good man.

Cheers Stewy

Haha, thanks again Stewy.

hopefully the weather wont get too crappy over the next couple of days and I can get amongst a few myself!

congratulations!

Good luck, that weather forecast is looking ominous.

Sweet catch Pete. What weight line were you using? You were being super cautious

Thanks Richard, I was either using 14lb FC rock or 15lb Spiderwire leader with a strong braid around 10lb in rating (but would break at much higher lb). Yep I was cautious because my drag was a bit too tight and I needed to be ready to angle the rod in the event the fish went for a run.

Congrats Pete & well done Stewy for putting him on the Fish he will remember for quite a while ......

Thanks 4myson. I'll definitely remember this one, not just the fish but the shenanigans and good times we shared today on the boat.

That's a nice one! What water way are you in? I followed all the techniques and tactics for years then this year in the Hawkesbury, with prawns as bait and day lights hours I started catching them beauties while trying to catch Flathead!

Ayyy! Nice one Doc! Cracker fish there Stewy providing quality banter throughout the day no doubt. Keep it up lads lovely looking specimen!

Yet to find my ghost in that system but you've inspired me to keep plugging away!

Edited by Witha

Nice one guys I drive past that bridge when I launch at MCBAFA on my way out for a Jew session. Seems I have been traveling a long way when they are right on my door step!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Jew guys well done. It's a great feeling. Did you release.

We did indeed and was going to video it but I was reviving it and the bloody thing took off out of my hand ...success