Botany Bay 24/5/15

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

So its been a while, had a baby girl on the 24th April and have been settling in since, things are going great and thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Today I fished Botany with dad, arrived at foreshore 7:00 and were on the water at 730, took a while longer at the ramp because there was two ladies launching their boat and going fishing (thumbs up !) but they were strugglng to get the boat off the trailer for 10 minutes, when they started cursing I thought that was the cue to offer some assistance, had them on their way 5 minutes later. Ironically when I headed back to the ramp to head home I bumped into them struggling to get the boat back on the trailer but they already had 2 or 3 blokes helping. I have to take my hat off to them for trying, not many ladies would commit to fishing in that way !!

Anyway, first stop was molinx point, fished there for 1.5 hrs for an undersize flatty and some pinkies. Then moved onto the end of the runway and burleyed hard, picked up one legal trevally there.

By this stage things were looking pretty down so we needed to have change of game plan, we headed over to the tugs and picked up some yakkas with the hope of stopping under captn cook bridge for a possible jew. We gave that a try for a while also for zeros.

So In a last ditch effort we stopped at wooloware bay to drift some plastics and baits. I don't drift often so I didn't have high hopes. anyway we struck gold at Wooloware, picked up five legal flatties ranging from just legal up to 63cm, one salmon and a PB Flounder ! ALL fish caught on butterflied yakkas.

one of the flatties spat his stomach contents at me and I got hit on the forehead by a baby whiting, check out the size of this little guy haha

Weather was great, water temp in the bay was 16.8degrees in the morning which was surprisingly cold.

was just glad to get out and even happier to come home with a feed.

thanks for reading,

post-34022-0-81572800-1432471159_thumb.jpg

post-34022-0-22022800-1432471169_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your baby girl. My youngest girl was also born on April 24th Easter Sunday in 2011.

Definitely life changing so enjoy cause they grow up real quick.

Good effort on the fish. The bay can be very hard at times especially as the water starts to cool but perseverance paid off for you.

Cheers Daniel

Thanks to all again for the well wishes :) they truly are a life changing miracle

The water quality in the bay was actually different depending on where you were, I found dolls pt very dirty and wooloware relatively clean.

I kept a eye out all day for tailor bust ups but couldn't find any, maybe it's a little early in the season?

Thanks to all again for the well wishes :) they truly are a life changing miracle

The water quality in the bay was actually different depending on where you were, I found dolls pt very dirty and wooloware relatively clean.

I kept a eye out all day for tailor bust ups but couldn't find any, maybe it's a little early in the season?

Last time i fished the bay i found heaps of chopper tailor in yarra