Carp In The Lane Cover River - Chapter 19

Spanker

Crappola sorry chaps missus just told me we are out to dinner that night. Sorry to be a pain but is the 8th (Saturday) good for you blokes, still 7.30 at the Great Northern?

Please pm me if you're in with a name and number and I'll call around to organise drivers and gear

Hoping to hear from

Bopa

Riceball

Tony Soprano

Reeso

Jocool

Anyone else in for a giggle

Cheers

Spanker (Dan)

Guest Jocool

I'm in, and I'm a driver. I will have room for 4 Raiders. I'm at Greystanes, and if you live close by, you can either make your way to my place, or I will pick up on any major road along my way!

Wear you red Grundies on your head so I can tell who is a Raider! :074::074:

Reeso I have proposed a reshedule to Saturday the 9th, same bat time, same bat place.

Hey Joe I still wear that Team Cool Fishing hat you gave me, will be good to see you. :thumbup:

Any suggestions on bait and tackle for the A-Team anyone?

Actuallt Boppa you might have some inside info...any ideas on carp whacking gear? :1fishing1:

Spanker

aussie carps are stupid fish they will eat anything.. try catching one in europe or asia!! they are most cunning fish of all...

I remember when i was fishing and my small float kinda bobbed up ever so slightly... then my dad goes strike it!!! I did and guess what there it was a large carp...

Those bugger nibble the bait and if theres any abnormalities they spit it up... So instead of grab and run they stay there and chew on it abit before either spitting or taking off!

Okay we have three confirmed and room for plenty more,

Confirmed - Saturday 8th, 7.30 at the Great Northern in Chatswood in the Bistro next to the cook-your-BBQ area. :beersmile:

Every man to bring one line, I will bring corn and dough, anyone with their own recipe please bring some. :1fishing1:

Beers and telling lies about what great fisherman we are from 7.30 followed by a lightening expedition to the LCR to pull some great nasty carp out and have a few chuckles - while respecting all of the other rules and flora/fauna of course :biggrin2:

If you can PM me if you are coming so we can look out for you at the pub - look forward to meeing a few faces.

Cheers

Spanker

Sorry, I just read the first part of the post spanker,

yep, I think saturdays right with me.

Im not 18 yet though so what are they like up at the Great Northern, are they tight or easy going?

I might have to bypass the pub and meet you blokes at the weir? Ill probably be driving anyways

But just had a few questions about the carp, Ive never fished for em at night, I spose Ill need one of those glowstick floaters. But apart from that what kinda rig will I need to bring. When I fished for them before I just floated some dry bread crusts with a hook in it out on the surface and it worked a treat. That was in Manly Dam. Also... never beeen to the weir before, but dont live too far away, whats parking and stuff like, is it bushland there, or parkland or what?

Reeso - mate I think you can enter the pub if accompanied by an adult. If you want to meet up with the fellas at the pub and rightly stay off the grog you can sagely sip on a Lemon, lime and bitters while listening to Joe recount his tale of his first Jew. If not send me your mobile number and I'll call you when we're leaving the pub. You can park all aroud the entrance at night time, no worries there.

Mate bring whatever tackle you want and bait too, although Jow and I will bring dough and corn for everyone.

Riceball - definately carp only, although we're bending the rules (only a wee bit) we still want to do the right thing by the park and leave the natives alone. Joe is bringing his ute to take the carp out of the park. The worms sound good though - the more baits we try out the better I reckon.

Saturday the 8th it is...

My name's Tony, funnily enough, number is 0402930847...

I'll meet you all at the great northern at 7:30...

How are we going to recognise the raiders as I don't know any of you???

Also, would a bream outfit be sufficient for these things or should I bring something a little heavier?

I have gotta say boys, this is the best plan I've ever seen!!!!

I'll check with the :wife: but should be ok for Saturday.

Joe can I scab a lift with you mate?

I'm bringing my 30lb overhead as well!!!!!

Where's MarkD? A plan as crazy as this needs an Irishman!!!

Hi Tony good to have you on board.

We will be sitting aruond a table near the big indoor BBQ area - just look for a bunch of blokes scoffing into their beers as they tell eachother lies about their fishing prowess. :1prop:

If Iain comes listen for colourful language and the words Eddie Jones in the same sentence :biggrin2: Hope you can make it Iain I want to hear your thoughts about the Super14 next year.

Maybe someone could wear a Fishraider sticker on their forehead as a guide :074:

Tony I will PM you my number, call me when you get there if you can't see a bunch a fine looking blokes immediately.

CHeers

Dan

(Spanker)

Guest Jocool
…… r we still going if its gonna be rainny?

70762[/snapback]

We are meeting at the pub. Half the boys will be loaded! :074: What do you reckon? You think a bit of water will stop 'em! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: