Insane Days Fishing in the Hawkesbury

Tag117

Hey Raiders,

First time report!

My dad just got home from a long trip overseas and what better way to welcome him back than a nice flatty session on the hawkesbury. Plan was to head out from apple tree early, grab livies at west head, then fish around Lion Island. I finally got my green p plates so it was my first time towing the boat... wasn't easy, but we got there in the end. We were at West head around midday but after half an hours fishing, all we'd caught was mado and sweep in the dozens.

We decided to head to lion island without em and just use plastics. As we got there, we couldnt see more than 1m down into the water due to the huge school of glassfish under the boat. Before we'd even rigged up, salmon started busting up like crazy, chucked out some Spanyid Raiders, and we were on. I pulled in a nice tailor and my dad a solid salmon. The next casts saw a similar result, as did all the casts for the next 2 hours. I have never caught so many fish in my life haha! I was having some mates over for a bbq next day so kept a few for the table, released countless more.

By the time the bust up had quietened down, it was early afternoon so we called it a day. Overall, amazing days fishing, it was really good to spend time with my dad after he was away so long!

post-32294-0-88066300-1443849995_thumb.jpg

post-32294-0-41585800-1443850027_thumb.jpg

post-32294-0-58631900-1443850062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tag117

• 2 months later...