Kiama snapper

lukeric

Hi all, it's been quite a while since I've posted in here. Was living OS for last 18mths.

Anyhow decided to go for a fish yesterday arvo, upon launching boat at Kiama headed off the heads, there was a short chop with small short period swell, it didn't make for a comfortable trip and I considered just staying close for a flathead fish. Glad to say we pushed on through it to arrive on the mark 35fathoms. The drift was not favourable at all between 1-2 knots so rigged 1.5oz jig heads with lime tiger 7inch gulp jerk shad. First few drifts nothing, then picked up a 60cm snapper. It ran well and was hooked I'm the side of the head.

Battling to get the lure to the bottom I finally got one down there and bang...big runs and head shakes. After a 10min battle pulled this beauty. It went 78cm. Hard conditions but worth the effort.

post-4064-0-76670000-1445231366_thumb.jpg

post-4064-0-38270600-1445231426_thumb.jpg

Nice reds mate prob my favourite form of fishing at the moment chasing them on plastics. Have been bricked by some nice fish in a lot shallower water

It's sure is a lot of fun, the anticipation then the fight on light gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, it's been quite a while since I've posted in here. Was living OS for last 18mths.

Anyhow decided to go for a fish yesterday arvo, upon launching boat at Kiama headed off the heads, there was a short chop with small short period swell, it didn't make for a comfortable trip and I considered just staying close for a flathead fish. Glad to say we pushed on through it to arrive on the mark 35fathoms. The drift was not favourable at all between 1-2 knots so rigged 1.5oz jig heads with lime tiger 7inch gulp jerk shad. First few drifts nothing, then picked up a 60cm snapper. It ran well and was hooked I'm the side of the head.

Battling to get the lure to the bottom I finally got one down there and bang...big runs and head shakes. After a 10min battle pulled this beauty. It went 78cm. Hard conditions but worth the effort.

attachicon.gifDSC_0275.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0276.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0275.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0276.JPG

Great fish mate, my pb was 75