Finally cracked the 1m Jew - Twice!

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Just a quick report from Blacksmiths Beach, what a cracker of a day!!

So the back story here is I've been trying to catch a Jew for 25+ years, the on two trips to the hawkesbury this year I got 1 each time - 55ch and 82cm.

Then for some unknown reason I go fishing in the same place I've been fishing for 15 years, same bait same technique and land 3 Jewy's in one arvo (and a 35cm bream which I'm not even interested in talking about now haha).

The bream came first, then a 66cm Jewy, then two Jew just over the meter mark on high tide.

Both took about a 15min fight as my line was old (15lb) and they were a nightmare to get up the shoreline as it was so steep and there was a very deep (4m+) gutter. Both persisted on nosediving into the sand each time a wave would come that was big enough to get them up the bank. I was very lucky in landing both especially the second one as it was dumped by several waves due to me rushing it (I've seen big fish lost this way as the hook is shaken free).

post-25384-0-40986800-1449135628_thumb.jpg

As I said before, there was nothing different done to what I always do and I was targeting Whiting!

15lb line, 1m leader of 10-15lb and about 2 inches of a live worm - still can't believe today's fishing!!

Looking like an awesome summer ahead - please feel free to PM me if more info is needed.

Cheers, James.

post-34486-0-57319100-1449139148_thumb.jpg

Edited by RexSenior

Giddy up James! What a cracking session. You are the envy of all jewfisherman, not 1 but 2 jew over the meter mark in one session. Congrats to you. I hope you take a photo with something green for catch of the month!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Giddy up James! What a cracking session. You are the envy of all jewfisherman, not 1 but 2 jew over the meter mark in one session. Congrats to you. I hope you take a photo with something green for catch of the month!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Mate

I took a photo with a few blue things at the cleaning tables on the off chance the current COTM was still taking entries (now I regret voting Hahaha) but all cut up now and partially delivered to family & friends. No worries at all just feeling good after a strange but awesome trip.

Cheers, James

P.S. did you get my P.M. about the sideways photo loading?

Cheers Mate

I took a photo with a few blue things at the cleaning tables on the off chance the current COTM was still taking entries (now I regret voting Hahaha) but all cut up now and partially delivered to family & friends. No worries at all just feeling good after a strange but awesome trip.

Cheers, James

P.S. did you get my P.M. about the sideways photo loading?

All done by our wonderful moderators! I think the ocean behind you is looking pretty green. Please put it up for cotm, even if a cooked fillet has some green veg with it! Lol.

Cheers scratchie!!!

All done by our wonderful moderators! I think the ocean behind you is looking pretty green. Please put it up for cotm, even if a cooked fillet has some green veg with it! Lol.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Mate.

Is there any way I can rotate the pic myself after uploading? I uploaded it 4 times on different angles however always wants to lay on its side (just so I don't have to bug you guys all the time with it :)