The one that should not have got away

ginko

This morning there is a large piece of white boat seat or upholstery leaning against the wall at coogee south end pool.It has been washed up and not been in the water long as it has no weed growth on it.A long shot but the tide could have taken it out and the current or wind south.Could be part of bowrider upholstery

Glad you're ok, too many complacent, & careless fools on our waterways, and with Christmas upon us, we can only hope people keep incidents like this in the back of their minds, and keep themselves, their passengers and other people on and in the water safe.

Thanks.Sorry i did not see the injunction not to post crime info on Facebook of 9th Dec until now or would have posted less specific matter.Sincerely hope we can help ginko.What an awful experience he has had.Cheers

Just a quick update: thanks for well-wishes and the offers for a trip on your respective boats. My itch for a new boat will probably mean I'm in a new boat before my body can pull in a fish. The real dilemma is what to buy...I loved the ease of the small tinnie, and so cheap to run and 360 degrees of casting. But maybe too easy to run-over. A half cabin would be great sometimes, but might be a bit much to get out as often as I fish. A yak is great exercise, and could get me to the quiet spots I love to fish. Maybe a yak with a giant airhorn and a cannon on the front.

re: injuries - as mentioned, thankfully no head or back (or worse) - a broken shoulder blade and broken ribs (on opposite sides, just for good measure). About 6 weeks to heal, hopefully completely.

Also a huge thanks again to those that helped out - I got back an amazing array of my kit: my eski, an oar, both my tackle bags, my anchor which was tied to the tinnie, and even one of my rods. The rod rescuer even gave it everything a good wash in freshwater and gave the reel back in amazing knick. It's in for a service now. I still haven't seen the tinnie or got the motor in for a service, but hopefully this week I get it back from the police.

There may one very surprised and lucky cuttle fish swimming around the harbour - the livie that got away when the bucket he was in went into the drink! Thank God I had not already landed a kingie, 'cos I'd be very annoyed if that had been lost in the drink too.

Still no word on the boat that hit me, nor the owners/skipper. Please keep your eyes peeled for a ~6m boat with a big gouge out of the port bow.

This morning there is a large piece of white boat seat or upholstery leaning against the wall at coogee south end pool.It has been washed up and not been in the water long as it has no weed growth on it.A long shot but the tide could have taken it out and the current or wind south.Could be part of bowrider upholstery

Fishraider Detective division

Ginko, really glad to hear you have survived such a terrible experience so well. I hope you recover fully and are also not too badly out of pocket either. Thanks for sharing the candid details with the Raider community. I hope the community comes up with some intelligence to help bring your offenders to justice.

Happy to help further, PM if you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rough go mate, sorry to hear, glad you are ok and on the mend, you can replace a tinny bot not your spine. Hope they get what's coming to them, glad it is just a hit and run and not a manslaughter.

Edited by MJGough

Bill you have taken the tinny man"s worst nightmare on the upside.Great to hear your positive outlook.The wife"s theory is that the perpetrators have taken the boat to sea and scuttled it,based only on the debris looking very much like a piece of bowrider upholstery or seat being undamaged,not torn or damaged .it would normally be spotted at the time of the incident one would think.B......it? Maybe.Cheers