Pirtek fishing challenge

Guest 4mydad

Guest 4mydad

Hey guys , this is my first report so i thought i will share todays trip. Dad (4myson) entered us in the pirtek fishing competition since we couldnt make it to Port stephens . This was my secound year with Pirtek. After a late start due to waking up late and not felling the best, dad made the desicion to fish botany bay but after arriving there before lunch we saw it was way to windy so dad decided to go to georges river national park and launched the boat from there. We headed upstream looking for a place we could fish out of the wind. After finding a nice spot we set up anchor and started a burley trail. We fished very light with mixed baits. At first the chicken breast was catching all the fish but nothing legal. After one hour there were no more bites so we started using prawns.We could see dark clouds heading our way and just as dad was getting ready to leave my rod finally bent over i quickly grabbed it and i knew i finally had something that was big enough , i was a bit worried as we were only fishing with 2kg line. After a while i saw it was a bream and it ]was ready to be netted by dad . We measured it and it was 36 cm and fat, after a couple of photos we released it. I was glad to have caught something big before we headed home. Soon after the rain started so we rushed back to load the boat up and head home. Thanks dad for today. Thankyou everyone for reading, Anthony.

post-37047-0-42208300-1458461065_thumb.jpgpost-37047-0-58502500-1458461094_thumb.jpgpost-37047-0-57812900-1458460941_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4mydad

Guest 4mydad

Thankyou everybody & big thankyou to Donna , dad was not sure if i could get into the catch of month . Im glad i told him to get the bucket :banana:

Guest 4myson

Nothing makes a Fisherman prouder than seeing his kids enjoy fishing !! I'd like to thank the Fishraider Community for your wonderful comments & making Anthony feel welcomed to this forum . I even saw him this mourning on Fishraider checking his post ... LOL...

BTW SCRACTHIE , did you have to say his fish was bigger than 36 ? Now he'll be getting me to post ALL his fish just so you could verify its length ! :mfr_lol:

Thank again everyone , Sasha....

• 3 weeks later...