Middle harbour and Narrabeen

iamthecowgodmoo

I started out the weekend thinking it was going to rain all through the break, but was pleased when I found that it was one sunny day after the next. I hit the lake first up, throwing some new soft plastics, and not getting a single hit. Went back to "old faithful" 80mm bloodworm wriggler and only had a couple of smallish bream just pick at the tail.

That not working, I decided to drift some prawns around only to pick up a bream at 23cm.

My partner managed the same, which my Jack-Russell pup found fascinating. Was trying to chase it from shore, even after it was long gone.

post-32165-0-63714900-1459152105_thumb.jpg

Went to Middle Harbour to try some land based around the moorings, yet again getting no hits. Saw plenty of small kings busting up around me and cruising right passed me, my bait and plastics.....grrrrrr.

Finally, with some left over prawns I managed to hook up a bream, which fought dirty, running me into the oyster covered rocks which destroyed my leader. Measured in at 27cm, so it had a date with the frying pan. Had a couple of prawns left, so decided to use them up. Thew one under some structure and straight away it got nabbed by a flounder. It put up very little fight, but was around 30cm. So, it was dinner for the mother-in-law.

post-32165-0-33220500-1459153260_thumb.jpg

Not a bad effort for a lunchtime flick on the start of the run-out, but I was hoping for more. This coming weekend is looking good so far, so hopefully the esky will be a little fuller!

Scott.

Edited by iamthecowgodmoo