Cronulla squid

bezz711

Decided to try something different today planned on targeting some squid off to my favorite grounds within 10 minutes 5 green eye were landed nothing big

Suddenly everything died out after a solid hour of casting my jig not a single hit but suddenly got smoked intilially thought king but wasn't fighting like one and had heaps of weight to it started coming up eventually and to my surprise I landed this monster cuttle fish

Which has sorted bait for the next few trips!!

post-21569-0-85081200-1461842370_thumb.jpeg

Geez that's a decent cuttlefish Bezz. Well done...as you say bait sorted for a while. Cheers Neil.

Holy cuttle ....Wow.... I also squid same spot ... Good work mate love my squid...On a jig I assume?

That is a monster!

Is there are Raider Record for this?

That's absolutely insane!!

thanks guys!

yeah I believe I have that record for now haha

haha mine is just a baby

If that was as cranky as the little ones are then your boat must be a solid coat of black now

it was an ink bucket

Nice one, have found 3.0 jigs have been working for me in the recent weeks, pinks and oranges have been the go.

Within 10 mins of Tonkin Park ramp

Cheers

Choicebro

same here mate green has done well for me!

heaps of them around at the moment! that means its nearly Snapper time!!!!

Tenticle or strip make a great kingy or snapper bait!

i cant wait! hopefully the jackets leaved me alone!

• 3 weeks later...

Mate! that is absolutely nuts! Ive just bought a boat with my brother and on our first fish off it, i had a live squid down deep off cronulla. Whilst bringing it in i felt something pulling it back but not like a fish. It was a monster squid. Unfortunately couldn't land the giant but it was amazing to see nevertheless.

Were you using a massive squid jig for this? How deep were you dropping the jig?