The Humps AGAIN

Basil D

work work and more work, so what does one do, Im glad Im working for myself now days, pushed my appointments forward and headed out for a fish with a good friend, pitty my other mate Chris couldnt make it, missed out again, not for long though, will catch up. You see its snapper season, work can wait ;)

Got up 3 am and loaded the boat , CK showed .4.15 am, lucky I messaged him 10 times , He Bloody slept in, lol took him 5 minutes to turn up..

Hooked the boat up and off we go, (Miss these early snapper mornings) Fueled the boat up, fueled our coffee fix ,

Got to the boat ramp and launched, we both had turns holding the boat at the wharf , those coffee fixes had us running to the Toilet LOL.

Got to JB Heads and and it still was dark, drove down nice and easy watching those stars in the night, boy it was beautiful and calm.

Got to the Humps nice and early anticipating a couple of big fish, well, we waited and waited and waited, what a let down.

we then moved north of the humps and got 7 fish in 1/2 hour then they disappeared , we then headed east of the humps for a doughnut

Further east of the humps produced another 4 fish or so and then at the turn of low tide it went nuts again and they disappeared leaving us stranded on 19 snapper, we needed one more for a double bag out.

back to the east of the Humps and my mate is on for a 10cm Fish hahahaha, as Laughed my rod buckles, yes we got our bags limit each.

we then packed up and headed home , on the way back my mate kept pestering about calamari, now we all know how long it takes to clean the fish and the boat, I didnt want to stop but I said 10 minutes, well ten minutes turned to 1/2 hour or so with ten calamari in the bucket we headed straight back to the ramp and left the squid biting . cleaned the fish and( well) the boat Today.

Got up this morning with a smile, Got my snapper fix, first of many this season :)

post-8352-0-46496300-1467668832_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-55886700-1467668839_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-39650200-1467668849_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-14818400-1467668854_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-17012100-1467668858_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-10150300-1467668879_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-64471500-1467668892_thumb.jpg

Guest 4myson

Great to see your still ALIVE !!!! ...LOL.... I've been waiting for your snapper reports to come in , AWESOME HAUL !!!! I used to think that starting up my own business I could just take off what ever day I wanted & just go for a fish when ever I had the urge ... But realised quick smart that was just a dream you end up struggling to find time to get out as often as you like ... Good to hear that work is going great & you haven't forgot your fishing skills ...

Nice basil. I'm reading your report getting all excited, yes your right it's snapper season. Then I remembered the weather forecast for this week! Grrrrr. I might just have to read your report a few more times before I get the chance to get out there! Great stuff as always mate! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great report i love a good snapper session

dogbox

Thanks dogbox

Great to see your still ALIVE !!!! ...LOL.... I've been waiting for your snapper reports to come in , AWESOME HAUL !!!! I used to think that starting up my own business I could just take off what ever day I wanted & just go for a fish when ever I had the urge ... But realised quick smart that was just a dream you end up struggling to find time to get out as often as you like ... Good to hear that work is going great & you haven't forgot your fishing skills ...

Your not wrong, you even feel guilty as there are people relying on you, I didnt feel guilty afterwards though haha

fishing skills not haha, I drop the line in and hope for the best, turned out to be a good day.

ok ok there are some fine details when I rig up :)

Nice basil. I'm reading your report getting all excited, yes your right it's snapper season. Then I remembered the weather forecast for this week! Grrrrr. I might just have to read your report a few more times before I get the chance to get out there! Great stuff as always mate! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

it was cold alright,but once the Adrenalin kicked in it was awesome till the afternoon, kept the bienie on all day though, it was def nice to get back on the water for an aldayer

What a great session, and a feed which is hard to beat. Love the photo's............

Dave

Nice work. Very nice haul.

Well done.

Season has definitely begun.

Some very respectable Reds there.

Thanks for sharing

JD

A great bag of reddies there Groper, plus some squid to top it off.

Pretty hard to top a feed like that. Great fishing Basil.

Thanks Guys, Happy to share my adventures , caught the fish on plastics, Jigs, and pillies on a snelled rig

Amazing trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mhawat

Well done. Top work Baz

Thanks Fish hunter

Good job dude.. You went of the humps from jervis bay?

Stanwell Park

Thats a ripper day! Top effort. What was your most successful rig?

snelled rig

Top stuff Basil snapper season looks like its started

cheers Krispy it certainly has

very nice, I see pilchards on the cutting board so all caught with bait?

half the fish was on plastic and slow jigs , the rest on whole pillies