1st DAY OF THE NEW YEAR

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

Happy New Year to ALL !  Got up this mourning/midday...lol.. & looked at the weather outside , Wasn't looking crash hot but with no wind around I thought WHAT BETTER WAY TO START A NEW YEAR THAN GO FOR A FISH !! I thought I might just head out myself to Botany for a quick fish & leave the Family to chill out around the house since I haven't fished for over a MONTH !!!  But I was gladly surprised when the rest of the family wanted to tag along. So Hooked up the boat & we were off . Got to the ramp without much traffic & was pleasantly surprised not to see it PACKED. So after a quick launch right on high tide we motored along to the 3rd Runway anchored up & set a burley trail with all rods baited with Pilly tails & strips of yakkas . I only brought out the bream rods today but the kings found our offerings more Tempting & within minutes I was onto a nice little rat king which was Awesome on 4lb set up ... & sad to say that's all we managed all day was Undersize rat kings & 1 Legal trevally which the wife caught . The yakkas did turn up in there millons which kept all the kids amused for hours on hand lines . The rain started just after 4 so we made the call to head home, A short trip But it was a great way to start the New Year with day out with the family ......

IMAG0455.jpg

Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson
17 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice work, Im still to get my first kingie in the bay.

Get out there Now as the kings are every where at the moment ... Only problem is there's NO keepers in them all rats .

23 minutes ago, 4myson said:

Get out there Now as the kings are every where at the moment ... Only problem is there's NO keepers in them all rats .

Great report and start to the year mate.

Its definitely firing out there at the moment. Schools of bonitos, salmons and kings are everywhere. 

It must be the Southerly swells, wind and the warm currents.

Guest 4myson

Thanks guys .. it's been hard to get out there with this shocking weather & it was just good to get out there to wet a line..