Smartphone fishing/boating/marine Apps - add yours here

Restyle

Not sure if this is in the right section, if not feel free to move it!

Been using this app for awhile now, not the most accurate app when it comes to rain. You can check the swell, wind, atmospheric pressure and temperature, also has a app which you can use on the go.

https://www.windytv.com/?-33.928,151.201,11

App: Search 'windyTV' in the app store

Also first post :D

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Welcome to Fishraider

that app seems very hard to use, user interface is terrible too

how long have u been using it?

i have been using it for about 1-2 months. I did find the interface was hard and annoying to use at first but after about 10-15 minutes of playing around i got use to it. the app dose not work on my ipad. works fine on my iphone 5 and my mates iphone 6

I'll quickly jot down my top boating/Fishing related apps (I use them on an iphone 5s and iPAD so these are IOS based):

Marine Rescue (MRNSW )

NSW Fishing (thanks jeffb5.8!)

Seabreeze

OZ Weather -- I like the radar function to "see" the cloud/storm formations tracking...(but I will check out windyTV)

Knots 3D

Navionics - AU&NZ

Cheers

Zoran

I like Marine Traffic. It costs about $15 from memory.   You can see where and where all the container and oil tankers etc on it.   In Botany Bay you know if there is a boat at the oil wharf or the drums.   If you have a friend on a cruise you can follow it as well.  You can see the pilot boats and tugs head out and bring them in.  

So it doesn't help a lot with fishing but I find it interesting.

Guest Guest123456789
19 hours ago, Restyle said:

Not sure if this is in the right section, if not feel free to move it!

Been using this app for awhile now, not the most accurate app when it comes to rain. You can check the swell, wind, atmospheric pressure and temperature, also has a app which you can use on the go.

https://www.windytv.com/?-33.928,151.201,11

App: Search 'windyTV' in the app store

Also first post :D

Thanks so much for sharing. I think the interface is very easy. I like how easy you can toggle between ECMWF and GFS. both show very different conditions! See below.

@mrsswordfisherman it might be worthwhile adding windytv to your links page it looks the goods!

IMG_1523.PNG

IMG_1524.PNG