Donut at broken bay

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Put the boat in pretty beach 5:30am.  I got to Pittwater just before first light.

10 knot northerly wind and 2 metre ESE swell. 23 degrees water. It was murky, chocolate milk like. Tried for surface fish from palmy all the way down to Scotland. Just big jellyfish, a small tailor bust up but before you could flick a lure into the school it dissipated.

Plan B, bait fish for Jews. Tried west head and little box head, by this time the sun was up and the baitfish were nowhere. Just those tiny spine foots and snapper. I threw a few lures around for Jews but nothing. I pulled the pin at midday.

At least my wife packed a delicious lunch which made for a nice time drifting while enjoying some cheese and hommus with mountain bread. She also boiled me up some eggs too which were beaut. Amazing how much more enjoyable fishing is with good food, normally I just go hungry until I get home.

Hope you all did better than I today. Cheers, Luke.

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

In my opinion nothing beats a day out on the water mate with a good feed on board even if you don't catch anything which we do often enough.

Be thankful that the weather gods kept the rain away for you this weekend to have a crack.

Im itching to get out for a night fish.

Cheers.

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks @Fab1 true that, catching fish is always a bonus. That said it's frustrating when you don't have success, no denying it, but not something worth dwelling on either. 

Some seriously nice boats were out - us boaters must really keep the economy ticking over.