Rainy day ,Tailor,Kings and Bonnies

AI fella

Rained off early this morning :D, so my self and my boss are sitting in the "yard" and a good mate and owner of the the co. we get our materials off says......"WTF are you two @#$%$ doing here? why the %^&* arn't we fishing???!!!... we looked at each other...he's right....lets go....!!!!! so at 10.00am the now crew of 3 picked me up at Bundeena jetty already holding up a nice 85cm Kingy(taken  out the front of SW arm channel).......we ran back down the channel and before we passed Bonnivale 3 rods go off with 3 good size tailor :) , one more upgrade tailor(off the balast heap) about 70 cm (will post pics later when the lads send em) and we keep heading towards SW arm, went up the arm for a bourbon and and a sanga, threw some baits out, but on the slack water we got zilch.Headed back out towards Bundeena as the tide came in, then as the wind eased ,we did a few laps of the Bombie for 4 rats, but along the edge of the white water on Jibbon Point we smashed the Bonito, kept  6 good size,

Some good salty water out the fron,t from Maianbar to Jibbon point, so get into it before the seas mellow,

Cheers, Gaz

Great sesh mate!
It seemed there was baitballs everywhere in the hacking this morning, I saw 3 bust ups this morning before uni out the front of my street and too at my mates place in the arvo (Dolans Bay). Hows the swell out the front of jibbon point?

On 3/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, iamthecowgodmoo said:

Great report! That's an area that I've never fished, but keen as to get down there. Does it produce much land based around the wharf?

Yes mate, the rock platform next to the jetty facing North is a great land-based spot, I like to fish it when the seas are heavy , theres a small reef to the right and good size tailor are there , fishing the bottom produces nice flatties and if you work the area on the other side facing Bundeena beach there are good squid.obviously you cant fish off the Jetty when the ferry is running but the first spot is not on the jetty, today would be a good day as there are so many tailor and Bonito in that area now,

Cheers 

On 3/15/2017 at 8:23 PM, samjames95 said:

Great sesh mate!
It seemed there was baitballs everywhere in the hacking this morning, I saw 3 bust ups this morning before uni out the front of my street and too at my mates place in the arvo (Dolans Bay). Hows the swell out the front of jibbon point?

Yep the Hacking really can fire when we get these big lows off the coast, swell out the front when we were out was not to bad but I wouldn't attempt it today even in the 35...but im seriously thinking of getting into  the bay surf on a SUP!!! ,the fish love the rich water inside mixed with the fresh coming down,it seems from about SW arm entrance to Jibbon is the spot to work , we like to run small skirts find the fish then you can change to plastics or hardbodies, there are some big fish amongst those schools busting up!! Cheers

Sounds like a a great session.

Trolled up a king in Gymea Bay Area yesterday with a diving minnow type lure red head / white body not sure the size / brand but I'd guess it's around 10cm. Literally nothing else for the rest of the day other than small snapper when we were using bait (pillys, fish and squid). I've never seen the water so brown before and I imagine this has to affect the fishing (not for you though apparently!)

Any other lures you can recommend using in the hacking specifically for trolling?