Port Hacking - mixed bag

Yowie

Out early this morning to Deer Park, water still very coloured. A tailor on the first cast, then little reddies and trumpeters.

Moved after a while to the mouth of Yowie Bay. The jewie on a squid strip, the jackets on small squid pieces, the others on strips of salted mack tuna. The jackets are not very big, but just big enough, a feed for mum.

Much happier fishing than 2 days ago, when there was not much to take home.

A few pillies jumping about, some bigger splashes here and there, and a few mack tuna launching themselves about a meter above the surface as they were powering up under the whitebait schools. The tuna were getting amongst the bait fish, but not staying in the one place for much time, so that by the time I fired out a lure, they had moved elsewhere.

fish.jpeg.97.png

Nice work there Yowie! A mixed bag is a good outing and you seem to be the master of it.

I fished around there Sunday for no keepers but did have two bust offs near Lilli Pilli (assume kingies) and lost another very decent fish off the main channel when I had her in close. Snapped 6lb mono when she decided to take to the bottom again...don't really know what it was but felt like a very decent flattie. Conditions might improve in the Hacking with that bit of colour over the next week or so!

16 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Some fine eating fish there Yowie great work. It aint easy getting a mixed bag but u certainly do make it look easy.

Id love to join you one day for a day in the hacking! 

Maybe one day (along with a number of others)