Always a bit of fun down at Berowra

GreasePit

Hi guys,
So i've been targeting jews in my local system in Berowra over recent times. 
Been hitting the tide changes and have managed a few small models which are great fun on the gear i'm using.
Slowly been figuring out the when where and why.

I went out a few weeks ago with a mate and managed to get him onto his first ever jewie a few minutes out from the dead low tide.
Went 55cm and happily released back into the drink.

We had no more luck in terms of jew that day but had some time to hit the run in tide to bring a feed back home.

Fished the dropoffs around rocky points working the lure back from the flats in the same direction the tide was travelling to best mimic baitfish and managed to pick up 8 keeper flathead from 38-50cm's with a few under size thrown back. All caught on naturally coloured jackall transams with a rattle. 
Filleted them once we got back home and divied up the fillets. Soon turned into some fresh fish and chips (quicktip, screw beer batter and buy yourself some panko bread crumbs). 

Jew.jpg

video-1491879730.mp4 Video of the release 

17902002_10208897452222548_1474074043_o.jpg

17887306_10208897452342551_1905885416_o.jpg

Edited by GreasePit

Couldn't fit this file in the original report
I also showed him something that i've been doing since i was a little kid, feeding the local eagles.

I get their attention by giving them a whistle, hold a mullet in my hand and throw it in the water once i have its attention.
They'll usually go and perch up in a tree, this one stayed with us at that spot for an hour and a half till we moved. 
Got a nice healthy feed of about 6 mullet .

video-1491880300.mp4