Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning a bit up from Lilli Pilli in the deep water.

Caught the reddies and tailor on yakka strips and squid strips. The jackets are not big, but they swam in with the burley, so I used small pieces of squid for them. Mum likes the jackets so she will pick through the bones for the meat.

A few pillies jumping here and there, a couple of probably frigates on the surface, but nothing else. At this time of year, the tailor stay down a bit deeper and don't always break the surface when feeding.

At the bottom of the tide, the westerly picked up so no drifting with nippers. I waded the shallow sand banks instead and used a soft plastic prawn imitation. Spent a bit of time wading for the one legal flattie, plus several others but they were just under sized.fish.jpeg.103.png

3 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Thanks Scratchie. It is the same brag mat I've had for years. I have a couple of spare ones not yet used. Why, do you need another one? :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, I'm all good. If I need to measure it, it's going back! :) 

Great stuff as always Yowie, you never miss a feed. Was out there a week or so back and got a few watson's leaping bonito along with a heap of tailor so they may have been surface fish you were spotting rather than frigates.

Rich

On ‎4‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Mr Squidy said:

Great stuff as always Yowie, you never miss a feed. Was out there a week or so back and got a few watson's leaping bonito along with a heap of tailor so they may have been surface fish you were spotting rather than frigates.

Rich

A bit hard to tell, other than they were a small tuna species ripping into the bait fish at high speed.