Colin1980

Hi Raiders.

First time posting so forgive if it's amateur.  Been fishing the Hawkesbury, Pittwater and Roseville Bridge to Mosman but still no luck.  Plenty of bites but all little critters!  Does anyone know of a spot I can go where I can catch a size big enough for the barbie?  I have a boat but no fancy equipment such at GPS or sounder, just my trusty old boat and rods!

I would really appreciate any advice on decent fishing spots Northern Beaches, NSW side but happy to travel a little further for the day.  Leaving tomorrow morning with two mates, would be awesome to head to a decent spot.

Thanks Raiders 

Edited by Colin1980

Ok mate, I say this yo a lot of people but try the hawkesbury river again! Its awesome and the tributaries (cowan, smiths, coal and candle) are good too. A bit of effort especially in winter can produce fish. If you're willing to, travel up to the central coast and fish avoca rocks etc. Try using the smaller hooks til you have more experience. Start searching in fishraider top right while waiting for more replies. I reccommend you target flathead or whiting for good eating (in my experience) once again, search up. Another place to reccommend is the entrance. Target specific species rather than catch anything, catch rates skyrocket. Sorry if I wasn't that much help. Good luck anyway though mate.

Cheers

P.S are you using bait or lures? If bait then paternoster or running sinker rig. Look them up on web.

Cya

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info guys! Went out that Sunday morning fished the whole day and caught a few, 3 nice size wrasse but obviously had to put it back in the water.  Caught a small flathead about 35cm. Will definitely try the paternoster rig. Heading out this evening to give it a go on the beach

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Hi mate there are no guarantees two blokes in the same boat can have vastly different results but there are kingfish and Jews to be had from roseville to mosman this time of year a little harder still. I got a 47cm tailor trolling washaway beach last wednesday but it was the only fish and there are flatehead in the back of most of the bays arround the 40cm mark some bigger. With school holidays its pretty crowded at the moment fished my fav spots last Friday for a doughnut except one which had 2 yaks and a boat there when I arrived so I moved on. Good luck

After the flathead spot with the two yaks, on my way home stopped at seaforth bluff but there were also a couple of boats there, dropped over to figtree point a new area for me but i will keep trying there as Ive read some good reports, then I found a wreck near the entrance to bantree bay, which was holding bait but by this time patience was getting thin so after a couple of drifts with sps went home. seven hours no fish but better than being at work :P