Fresh squid live yakkas Bankstown area

Tam

Hi Fishos,

just want some help regarding buying bait, I don't have time or knowledge to try catch my own bait so was wanting some info.

Where around Bankstown/ Canterbury/ Greenacre tackle shops can you buy some from time to time.  Fresh squid as in they freshly caught it a day before and freeze it properly.

On a side note - does anyone have any success in catching jewies using the lunds brand squid (blue box) thanks

Tam

Hi I've been reading up on the forums a lot, thanks heaps for everyone on here. Such a great place to learn from - a wealth of knowledge.

is there a time of year to catch poddy mullets or yakkas at a wharf around Sydney? Since it's spring and weathers heating up slowly and longer daylight hours is this a good time to catch them or is it still too cold for them to be around. Or are they an all year round thing?

cheers tam

For poddy mullet, look for backwaters of estuaries, not so much open water wharfs etc.

yakkas can pick up from most wharfs in the harbour with a bit of burley to encourage them, then lightly weighted baits on small hooks will tell you if they are around, can pick up slimies like this too and squid can be found around wharfs too, if you have squid jigs give them a go.

Better still bugger the live baits and fish lures instead (lure fishing is the game)

have fun!