Georges River Crabbing

samos

Gday Fellas

Tried the Georges for some muddies. Not much luck however. All up we ended up with 2 muddies. One very good sized female and one small male which had to be thrown back.

Also we caught a few bream and a very good size sand whiting.

Here are some pics

post-1212-1130991672_thumb.jpg post-1212-1130991650_thumb.jpg

post-1212-1130991688_thumb.jpg

:1yikes:

Holy sh*t Mudcrabbin you could use that as a forklift. Let me know what that crab tastes like I believe there is a great Muddy population in the Georges. I aint got a boat yet but if someone would drop a pot down where the Woronora meets the main water Id sure be interested in the results.

Great Crab man :thumbup::thumbup:

Happy :1fishing1: Russ

Can anyone answer me this...partly cause i'm a little slow on the uptake... is it illegal to keep female crabs?

or is that just when they just have eggs? :wacko:

It's legal to keep jennies in nsw as long as it hasn't got eggs but I dont . I always release all females.

George.

G'day again Mr Crabbin'.

May I ask what bait you were using in your crab nets on the Georges? :biggrin2:

cheers

Hooky

I was using cut up mullet for bait.

Hey crabbin,I see that you are using a witches hat net on the female there (looks almost 2kg !!), was that what you were using up the hawkesbury?

I was using cut up mullet for bait.

I was using the witches hats in the hawkesbury with 2 pots as well.

Hmmm... a bit sceptical about eating muddies from the georges, but hey for all i know those sold in the fish market could come from there. I've caught a few muddies in Dee why lagoon also, normally whilst prawning. Tears the cr@p out of your scoop net. Never eaten any though. just catch them, look at them for a while, let them go and wonder why i just wasted a 15 dollar scoop net.

:thumbup: Excellent George, tell me how easy is it to identify the eggs on the Jenny's.

Russ :biggrin2:

Russ...all that orange colouring under the tail is its eggs! This is a good sized one I scored in Rose Bay couple of weeks ago. Took a squid bait.

post-4-1131092079_thumb.jpg

very easy, tip the crab over and if she is carrying eggs you will see them under her tail. Just like a big clump of salmon roe. If you ever pump nippers you will also notice the females carry their roe under their tail - bright orange clumps.

Thanks T,Broker I know exactly wat to look for now :thumbup:

Happy :1fishing1: Russ

Hmmm... a bit sceptical about eating muddies from the georges, but hey for all i know those sold in the fish market could come from there. I've caught a few muddies in Dee why lagoon also, normally whilst prawning. Tears the cr@p out of your scoop net. Never eaten any though. just catch them, look at them for a while, let them go and wonder why i just wasted a 15 dollar scoop net.

:074::Funny-Post::074:

Russ...all that orange colouring under the tail is its eggs! This is a good sized one I scored in Rose Bay couple of weeks ago. Took a squid bait.

:thumbup: Your a good man Joe, by the way, I had a dream the other nite that I read on this forum you bagged a 84cm King so get ready my friend.

:1yikes: Sh*t im 40 and dreamin about other blokes more :beersmile::tease::074:

Happy :1fishing1: to you all. Russ

I had a dream the other nite that I read on this forum you bagged a 84cm King so get ready my friend.

What the..... :wacko:

Was it wet?

Mud Crabbing, Stan again

This is not an attempt to piss you or anyone else off, but I am wondering why after such a great haul in the Hawkesbury did you want to try the Georges? I only ask because if I'm onto something good I stick to it.

P.S. that female was one huuuuge crab!