Five Species Fun

FishermanSteve

Where to start... Met up with Pompom for a trip out. We set off to Chipping Norton in the hope of catching mullet for bait. A dozen micro Taylor later(all returned) we decided on stopping at a tackle shop to buy the bait. 

Jumping back in the car we embarked on a journey up towards Palm Beach. After our brief stop at the tackle shop we arrived at the beach and promptly set up. BANG Pompom had his rod bent over. Arrived ashore was an Aussie Salmon. Pompom made the decision to use slices off it as bait. 

After sometime it wasn't looking up after the great start. Pompom's lovely wife set about retrieving pizza to refuel and have a rethink. Myself, Pompom and my partner gathered up the gear after deciding that once pizza was eaten we would walk over the road cast out in to the river side parralell to Palm beach. 

It turned out to be a great decision:

Wobbegong Shark, Bream, Eel, the Aussie salmon (off the beach side) and for myself my FIRST and obviously now personal best Flathead measuring bang on 62cm. If you wanted to count the Taylor I guess it was six species. Myself I used a patornoster rig with salmon chunks as bait. Pompom used single hook length. One rod with salmon and other with squid. 2/0 hook size.

We also had the pleasure of seeing a pod of dolphins at the beach.

IMG-20171028-WA0051.jpg