Red Tuesday

dan88j

Had an rdo from work today and was meant to help a mate out with his work, that got cancelled late last night so a quick weather check and a last minute call to fish south of Sydney today was made. We hit the water about 5.45, munched around for a good 45mins trying to find some new bait grounds etc so with no success we decided on a lure only Fishing day and off we went. Started to get near the spot we were aiming for and marked a heeeeeeap of bait on the sounder, so pulled the boat out of gear, I grabbed the bait jig and sent it down while my mate grabbed his Fishing jig, mistakenly. I got 3 slimies, and he goes off and nails a nice 52cm snapper. Perfect start to the day. Next drop another snapper, 48cm model. So naturally I grabbed my snapper gear and dropped down, hit the bottom and boom, rod buckles. I’m on, good fish. Pulling drag, running me around the boat. A 15 minute battle ensues, starting to see color the fish buries it’s head and heads back down just out of sight. Fiiiinally I got the beauty boatside, perfect net job by my mate and boated a fat 72cm knobby headed snapper. A new pb for me by 22cm. Not a bad effort for a Tuesday. Tight lines 

DD762975-E4D1-435A-AAD8-70D1DC5785BB.png