Bait/Tackle Shop Central Coast recommendations?

MainframeJames

Bobs tackle is on Manns Road West Gosford. Its the last set of shops on the right before you head up the hill. His hours can be a bit hit and miss, but he knows his stuff. Are you looking for anything in particular? I also saw that there was new tackle shop in Woy Woy near the drive through bottle store. 

Gosford Fishing Club  do a raffle every Thursday at Gosford RSL. It might be worth joining if you want to find a regualr person to fish with. 

Edited by antonywardle

I actually did get into Bob's yesterday. I thought he had closed up for good because I hadn't found it open during his hours for about a month. Definitely knows his stuff. Wide/interesting selection and has good prices too. 

Found out from Bob that Anderson's bait sold to Tweed last month so that explains why their shop in Woy Woy closed. Umina Bait & Tackle also closed. I think there used to be a shop in East Gosford but it seems long gone. 

I didn't see the new shop in Woy Woy yesterday, but I wasn't looking for it there. I'll have a sticky next time I get a chance. 

We are running low on good bait and tackle shops down the south end of the coast. Umina bait and tackle was good for fresh prawns and live worms its a shame it closed..I will be having a look at the new one at Woy Woy in the morning hopefully they sell some fresh bait.

Yeah there really isn't any small tackle stores left on the south end of the central coast, the last one left is as mentioned west gosford bait & tackle - i haven't found anywhere that has good quality/fresh squid (other than up at the entrance).

As regan mentioned - fishermans wharf is probably your best bet for fresh bait, i get mullet & blackfish from there for bait all the time.

If i'm going to stock up on plastics/jigheads/lures etc i'll go to Freddy's at erina or a shop west gosford. Freddy's is well stocked where a shop can be very hit and miss with their stock replenishment.