Port Stephens- raider meet

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Got the chance this morning to meet up with @Woodsy1 and head up to Broughton. After a few pms back and forth, I thought it would be easier to just show him where I fish and the technique. Plus spending sometime on the water myself with a fellow raider.

We met up at 5am and headed off to arrive at our spot before sunrise. I rigged him up the same as me and we began a nice drift. Nothing on the first two drifts but I was confident we’d get something. I managed to land a few pannies and Woodsy finally caught his first snapper on sps! Yewwww

D2839F3B-128C-4164-8301-5566709A0E78.jpeg

All up we got 5 nice pannies but no screamers today! That was until I promised him we’d get him a kingfish and sure enough I found some rats to play with! 

8EB86B29-87A7-4F0A-9669-51437EB63848.jpeg

Running out of time we both had commitments, we decided on one more pass and woodsy was onto a much better fish but the fish like the lure more, so after a few screaming runs, pop goes the leader! 

Well, we called it quits then and headed for Home. Back at the ramp before 10am. 

A great morning was had with another great raider. I hope you enjoyed the morning Woodsy! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

18 minutes ago, Woodsy1 said:

Thanks Scratchie

What a great morning, thanks for the advice and tips your a good bloke. Hope I can get a few tomorrow only using plastics

thanks again

Matt

No worries mate! Hope you catch a few and put up a good report! Thanks again for today! 

46 minutes ago, Peter Nelson said:

Nice feed fellas, I was meant to be up that way today but got roped into Christmas shopping, anyway got tomorrow off so I'll be up there bright and early fishing the reefs on the way to broughton

Thanks and good luck 

8 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice one jeff  seems the water is still playin games..hope to get up for a trip soon ..rick

It sure is. Best temp was 19.2. The boys seemed to do better south of Fingal today. 

17 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Thanks Scratchie

What a great morning, thanks for the advice and tips your a good bloke. Hope I can get a few tomorrow only using plastics

thanks again

Matt

Good on you Matt. Beautiful way to spend a Sunday morning. Good luck tomorrow!

14 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Hope my wife doesn’t see this! I tell her I can’t get back until at least 2!

Just tell her your boats slower baz :) 

8 hours ago, garfield28 said:

Nice fish boys.

Beautiful Port Stephens put on a stunner of a day today. 

Your not wrong Geoff. It was gorgeous out there. The fish were just a bonus! 

4 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Just tell her your boats slower baz ?

Yeah, that might work... maybe she’ll suggest I buy a bigger boat. ?

No... Now I AM dreaming!

Off work tomorrow but don’t think I’ll get outside. Maybe I can squeeze an afternoon session in the Bay. Did no good on Thursday. ?

21 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Snapper on plastics .... don't get much better than that! Good to see them still around , any dollies around yet mate?  

I only ever fish for snaps on sps! Best way, very little bycatch! Mate, they are but im yet to venture out that far to get them! Bloody kids sporting and school commitments have me time poor! :( 

12 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I only ever fish for snaps on sps! Best way, very little bycatch! Mate, they are but im yet to venture out that far to get them! Bloody kids sporting and school commitments have me time poor! :( 

Same bro, Hense why I have adapted to hour sessions now... no bloody time...but we wouldn't have it any other way! 

Edited by Ribs
Spelling